Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

djfearnley

2006 Ford Ka Vehicle Speed Sensor... Where Is It???

3 posts in this topic

Hey,

I am new here but have a question that is repeated on a number of forums...

I have a 2006 Ford Ka 1.3, a few days back the speedo stopped working and then I ended up with a with a mil light on. I ran a diagnostic myself and found that the Vehicle speed sensor is faulty.

I followed teh manual I had ans was unable to find the sensor at all. I checked where they said but the manual is for the earlier model ka. With my 2006 model it is a duratec engine with a different gearbox.

The model is fitted with abs - could the wheel sensors act as the speed sensor too?

My question is... where is the speed sensor mounted... and whats the easiest way to get to it?

Any advice would be appreciated (pictures even more so.)

Thanks in advance to any replies!!!

Your best bet would be to pop around to your friendly Ford dealer and ask a mechanic.

Usually with ABS the wheel sensors act as your VSS.