Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Broadway

Tailgate Ford Focus Cmax Mk 2

1 post in this topic

Hi

So I have this very frustrating issue where my boot lid (tailgate) will not open. I have a Focus CMAX 06 plate. So far :

1: Changed Solenoid latch

2: Chamnged switch on boot lid

3: Renewed Battery in FOB

Symptons

Boot either works or doesnt work on key fob either full unlock or bootrelease, when checking the new unit it has 4 pins on the solenoid where as the old one had 5. But as a say it works for a few days, then stops... I never do anything to make it work like disconnecting battery etc I just wake up in the morning and it works then by the time I get to my journeys end it stops working..

I am really pulling my hair out here the one thing I would state including the 4 pins versus 5 pins is that it reads 10V on the first pin on the right permantley.. NOT 12 volts where is that supply coming from ???????