Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk4 Alloys

Loomes

I have a 1999 Ford Fiesta Finesse 1.3L

My parents are buying me some new alloys fro my 18th but I am really struggling to find some nice alloys at a reasonable price.

The current tyres are 165/70R13 which are 13". However having spoken to a guy at Halfords, I believe I can have 14" alloys.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

You can get 14" alloys but you will need different tyres and you standard ones will not fit.

165/70R13

165 is mm in width

70 is the % of width of the tyre for side walls

R = Radial

13 = wheel size

Lets say you get bigger wheels, you will need to get a small % sidewall so for example, rather than 165/70R13 you would have to get 185/60R14 Anything that has 55% or lower is classed as a low profile tyre, meaning the car will feel the road a little more. Less sidewall % = the more bumps you can feel as it is a little less spong from the tyre to absorb.

Lets say if you could put those tyres on the wheels which you can't, this is just an example. The wheels rather than being

This wide (____) they would be

This wide (______) so if you doing say 30 on the speedo you will actually be doing 35.

You can get 14" wheels just means you will need a full set of tyres. Also if you are getting new wheels make sure they will fit onto the car as the holes may be wider or close together etc. They should be able to check this for you though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club