Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knocking Feel / Noise Through Throttle Pedal

kevineaton

Can anyone help me identify a knocking noise that you can actually feel for just a few moments through the throttle pedal. It only really happens when you begin driving the car from a cold start, the knocking feel/noise appears to come from some sort of grinding that is transmitted through the pedal when you do a full left or right hand turn, immediately after starting and pulling away etc. After driving the car this noise doesn't appear to come back again until you cold start the car again, it occasionally happens again mid drive. Has anyone come across this before or can give me some sort of idea what it could be. I would be really greatful if you guys with more knowledge could give me some feedback. I have a 2009 Focus 1.8 tdci titanium model. Any more info, just ask. Thanks.

It could be the anti-lock brakes doing a self test.

only knocking i had with feel through the pedals was wishbone bushes had gone

It could be the anti-lock brakes doing a self test.

This was my thought as well. Thought I'd curbed an alloy once when I was pulling out of a parking space, it was so loud!

Thanks for the feedback guys. Is there any way of stopping this noise. Is it serious.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Is there any way of stopping this noise. Is it serious.

Without being able to hear and feel the vibration we can only guess at the cause, you need a proper diagnosis from a mechanic to answer your question. Keep us posted please. :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help me identify a knocking noise that you can actually feel for just a few moments through the throttle pedal. It only really happens when you begin driving the car from a cold start, the knocking feel/noise appears to come from some sort of grinding that is transmitted through the pedal when you do a full left or right hand turn, immediately after starting and pulling away etc. After driving the car this noise doesn't appear to come back again until you cold start the car again, it occasionally happens again mid drive. Has anyone come across this before or can give me some sort of idea what it could be. I would be really greatful if you guys with more knowledge could give me some feedback. I have a 2009 Focus 1.8 tdci titanium model. Any more info, just ask. Thanks.

Hi Kevin, its probably your Dual mass flywheel that had split/seperated? I had a similar problem: When i pressed down the clutch pedal (standing still whit the car, engine at idle) and hold it there i felt that the clutch pedal was pulsating / knocking. Luckily my insurance paid for the new flywheel and the work.

Good Luck!

dmf is a big leap could be the clutch or slave cylinder have a garage look at it first

• 3 years later...

i have the exact same problem with my 2009 1.8 petrol focus, its normally 10/15 secs into the journey or as u said when turning but only happens occasionaly, have you had any luck at finding out what it is ?

• 5 years later...

I have this problem too, has anyone figured out what it is?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club