Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 1999 1.6 Zetec 16V Dial Sweep

david295

When I turn on my ignition all the dails do a sweep, the same as on the insignia, is this a fault or is it normal. or is it anyway related to my last post.

I have been intouch with ford about http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/33058-focus-16-zetec-16v/ and they say it does have a map sensor.

But am at a loss as i can not find it

the dial sweeep is a diagnostic mode and it shouldnt do it unless doing the dash test youreself most common cause for this is a faulty cell in the battery or the battery is not a silver calcium battery and is starting to boil up also in relation to youre last post incorrect batteries or faulty batteries will cause electrical issues with the car trust me its definately a battery issue a garage will do a free test on it

yeah thats the type ide have a battery check done anyway since its free but it sounds like a faulty cell which means the ecu wont store the info it will be like the cars constantly being reset

one last question, ref my high reving when starting car, when i disconnect the idle control valve, and start car, it ticks over perfect, with no high revving when started, does this sound like the new idle control valve i have it faulty

one last question, ref my high reving when starting car, when i disconnect the idle control valve, and start car, it ticks over perfect, with no high revving when started, does this sound like the new idle control valve i have it faulty

That indeed my friend is a faulty or dirty idle valve. Unbolt it, and soak it in cleaner or petrol (be careful!)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club