Photo

Car Due For 1St Service. Where Do I Go To Keep Warranty?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ReeceSanford

ReeceSanford

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Name: Reece
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK 7 Zetec S
  • Year: 2011

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

Hi all,

Ive got a 2011 Ford Fiesta TDCI Zetec S and its due for its 1st ever service within the next month.

To keep the warranty in order i know it has to use genuine Ford parts and a certain make of oil.
Ford tend to charge a fortune for servicing but are there other places i can take it to keep the warranty valid?

Or is it not recommended, or maybe better to see a Ford stamp in the log book for future sale of the car.

Seen websites like servicingstop that say they use genuine Ford parts but im abit unsure.

Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 rojariggs

rojariggs

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Name: Roger
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium
  • Year: 2011

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

The Ford stamp will help in some cases come resale time but is less important on a mainstream make such as Ford than it would be on a premium make such as Merc or Porsche. Buyers and the trade are beocming more savvy with regard to this too.

In order to preserve your warranty, the service has to be done by a VAT registered garage following the Ford service schedule and using genuine Ford parts (or the Ford recommended items for fluids, etc).

When I have done this in the past, I copy/print the service schedule checklist and get the garage concerned to stamp it so that there is a record of exactly what was done. Of course, your bill from the garage should say at least that genuine Ford parts were used too.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users