Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Freaky Window Problem!

Jackbag

Folks,

New S-Max owner - got an ex-demo '57 1.8 TDCI last week and very very happy with it (at last a family transport vehicle that still has some fun in it for the driver!).

Totally freaked this morning to open front door and see all four car windows fully down! :blink: I left the car locked and secure last night - I know I did as I unloaded the little people and went back out to get something and locked it behind me (Still new - still have to look at which button to press on the key...). Kids too small to have done it and engine was off before I lifted them out of car seats. And in the this weather I KNOW we didn't have the them down on the journey!

Hubby walked passed it later in the evening and windows were up.

Since talked to a friend who says same thing happened to them on their 06 model - at the time they assumed kids must have done it but were v puzzled and unclear how it had happened.

Plan to call dealer on Monday but wondered in advance if anyone else had this and any suggestions for sorting? Random window opening when car is off is a security nightmare. At least it didn't snow last night.......

Totally freaked this morning to open front door and see all four car windows fully down!

Search for "maxcornelisse" in You Tube. If you have computer geek neighbors...they can throw havoc on electronic gadgets/safety in cars.

Folks,

New S-Max owner - got an ex-demo '57 1.8 TDCI last week and very very happy with it (at last a family transport vehicle that still has some fun in it for the driver!).

Totally freaked this morning to open front door and see all four car windows fully down! :blink: I left the car locked and secure last night - I know I did as I unloaded the little people and went back out to get something and locked it behind me (Still new - still have to look at which button to press on the key...). Kids too small to have done it and engine was off before I lifted them out of car seats. And in the this weather I KNOW we didn't have the them down on the journey!

Hubby walked passed it later in the evening and windows were up.

Since talked to a friend who says same thing happened to them on their 06 model - at the time they assumed kids must have done it but were v puzzled and unclear how it had happened.

Plan to call dealer on Monday but wondered in advance if anyone else had this and any suggestions for sorting? Random window opening when car is off is a security nightmare. At least it didn't snow last night.......

Make sure you are not sitting on (or kids playing with) the remote keyfob as holding down one of the buttons causes all the windows to open.

Hope this helps.

yes it sounds like the global opening/closing was accidently operated.

yes it sounds like the global opening/closing was accidently operated.

Many thanks folks - Global Open and Close - functionliaty I didn't even know existed. Kids banned from playing with keys.

Not sure I can think of time when I would want to simultaneously open all windows remotely. In an accident possibly.

Thank you all again - much appreciated.

Many thanks folks - Global Open and Close - functionliaty I didn't even know existed. Kids banned from playing with keys.

Not sure I can think of time when I would want to simultaneously open all windows remotely. In an accident possibly.

Thank you all again - much appreciated.

you would like to open all windows in hot summer after the car is parked for long time in the sun to get some fresh air in and cool the thing :) Proven working.

• 4 weeks later...

My windows did the same thing without the little people taking my key. :blink: I took it in to the dealer who knew about the fault and told me my engine management system needed resetting :rolleyes: - this was done and hey presto the windows obey the controls - although they have opened immediately after re-openeing but I am told that is a sfety feature of the windows so your little pinky does not get trapped. ;) Driving at speed while operating this may make it do this as the window does not locate in the runners properly while the wind is buffering the glass. :ph34r: