Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leaking Boot?

azazal23

Noticed a small buid up of water in my boot well and round the lip of the well is damp. Any one know of any common problems i.e boot seal.

I have taken the back lights out today and there was a massive amout of gunk under the housing, i gather they are not supposed to be water tight?

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Beer to the first person who gets the correct answer.:)

Cheers

Noticed a small buid up of water in my boot well and round the lip of the well is damp. Any one know of any common problems i.e boot seal.

I have taken the back lights out today and there was a massive amout of gunk under the housing, i gather they are not supposed to be water tight?

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Beer to the first person who gets the correct answer. :)

Cheers

drinking.gif

the seal's around the bolts between your boot panel and the rear spoiler has perished, and perhaps the seal at the top of the glass in the rear window.

its a common fault on all hatch models from 2005-2011 you just need to remove the rear spoiler, clean the area underneath it and apply a layer of silicone to the area perticuraly around the bolt holes and top of the rear window. then re-fit the spoiler, job done mate,

any normal clear silicone sealent will do nicely, just ensure the area is dry before applying and here is a guide on removing the rear spoiler

http://www.fordowner...mk2-mk25-focus/

i have sealed mine up as a precaution because i knew it would eventually leak at some stage in the future.beer.gif

Good man, will try this tomorrow and report back. If it works PM me your addess and a bottle of Cains is on its way to you :)

Thanks

Good man, will try this tomorrow and report back. If it works PM me your addess and a bottle of Cains is on its way to you :)

Thanks

no problem mate,

im happy to help with free information, id prefer to prevent a pint of water from getting in to your boot,

and even if i did accept your offer, i live in ireland so the alcohal wouldnt make it past the customs lol id get some empty cans in the post.

a few more common areas open the boot and look at the hinge you will see its sealed on the sides and bottoms however the tops are not sealed seal these up with either good quality sealant or with tiger seal which you can repaint with a touch up kit after its dried very common issue these hinges also the rear lights need removed and the drain channel cleaned out while youre there apply a good dollop of clear silicone on the 2 screw holes particularly around the edge of the silly foam seal so its covered too much water just soaks into them and into the car last stop is the rear bumper theres 2 bolts to the body you can take the bolt out and pull the bumper back enough to again smear these silly foam seals then rebolt as well as lennys suggestiuon theres no other places water can get in do them all and you know youre sorted.