Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Diesel Clutch Slipping?

0o0bumble0o0

hi i got a 02 reg focus diesel now every now and then when accelerating in 3rd gear the clutch will slip for about 800 -1000 revs then bite again this may happen once a week or once a month its seems just when it feels like it now ive parked my focus up pulled handbrake on and try to pull away the clutch dont slip at all dose anyone know what this could be

does it happen more when its cold, mine was doing the same thing for a couple of months then the clutch went alltogether :(

no any weather really i dont know if this will help if i accelarate hard change to 3rd quick the revs dont drop and they hold there till the car decides to then it will resume and start noving trough the rev range again

if thats the case there could be a slim possibility that the bearing or cylinder is on its way out then,

is it just 3rd that gives you the issue or is it all gears???

mainly 3rd i think it trys to slip in second ive not noticed in 4th and 5th cause its mainly under hevey accellaration

3 rd can be a problem on that gearbox, i know with mine it sometimes slips when it feels like it (even straight after changing the clutch)

i am gettimg it slip in 4th and 5th i tried it. im trying to get it in to my local garage this job look a little big for me to tackle i'll let u know what it is when they find it thanks alot for your replies and help i just hope it aint a problem with gearbox

• 3 weeks later...

just to let you know and for anyone who as this problem in the future it turned out to be the clutch had gone the reason was for it slipping was the pedal was right at the top and not always releasing the clutch propley

How much was it to replace.

Did you see the old clutch.

Was a new slave/bearing installed

Jamie

the garage charge me £280 to supply and fit clutch and new slave/bearing he did show me clutch there wore much left on it i got 2 years garuntee on the clutch aswell to be fare i did not ask how much garuntee was on slave

that is a good price :-)

I bet you noticed the difference straight away :-)

Jamie

yeah the clutch is a lot lighter and got some of my power back just gotta try sorting the other probs now

What are your other probs

Jamie

i did post the last year but had to leve it as i had other issues

basicly my car emits black smoke when driving. and at night i can see the smoke coming out my car in the headlights of other cars quite a lot but this is only under accelaration soon as i get to the speed i wanna travelle at it stops now i changed the turbo cause a grage rekon that could be the problem as there was oil in the intercooler pipe but im still getting the oil in there with another turbo on it and still getting black smoke was thinking of posting some pics of the pipe to see if anyone thinks it serve as i've herd all fords paas a little oil in there

It could be worn piston rings or a scored bore.

May be worth having it investigated further.