Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fusion 2 - Replace Stereo

hobbit666

Hi,

I have a 55 Plate Ford Fusion 2 and want to replace the factory stereo

I've been to local parts place and Halfords and asked for a fascia, they looked in there book and gave the part number, but when i looked it doesn't seem right.

Can someone point me in the right place for a kit to fit a stereo to.

The factory install looks like this, the buttom and controls are all part of the fasica that surronds the current stereo.

car.png

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe repost that picture.

From what iam reading are you installing an aftermarket Head unit and a fascia so it fits.

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah i got a aftermarket stereo form argos, but for the love of god can't find a fascia. If i do a eBay search all i come up with is 2 - 3 different types of double din ones. But from looking at mine i need a complete plastic that goes around the setereo and the air vents/screen heaters etc etc

• 3 weeks later...

I can't see the pic]ture of your centre console (broken link), but if it's like my 2004, Fusion 2, it looks like the stereo's in three sections? If you take the fascia off, you'll see that it fits over the stereo, which has grooves for bars between the sections.

If you cut the sections off the fascia with a hacksaw, you can use the adaptor posted by Poddy666, like so:

19062011064.jpg