73 replies to this topic

#1 r3ign

r3ign

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Name: Dylan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta S1600 (Mountune 140)
  • Year: 2011

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

Hello Guys/Girls

I'm back after owning a fiesta Zetec-s and then turned to 2 seats I can happily say that im aback again with a second hand fiesta on the way :).

I cant wait!

I my opinion fords are one of the best when it comes to quality especially compared to seats (good cars but lack the quality ford offer)

right so here are the specs of the S1600 (should have it within the next 3 weeks or less)

Year: 11 plate (120 ps version) - reason being as it fitted my budget perfectly)
Mileage: 6,000
Colour: metallic blue (forgotten the name)

Extras:
  • Full Mountune 140 upgrade
  • Keyless entry / Start stop
  • spair wheel
  • Bluetooth

some things I'm considering are:
  • Changing the alloys to piano black
  • removing the vinyl (what's your opinion on this? / anyone done it? )
  • tint rear 3 windows

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Marcr1

Marcr1

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Name: Marc
  • Ford Model: S1600
  • Year: 2012

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

Good choice! The S1600 is a fantastic car. I've got the 134bhp version but as you're monutuning yours. They're as good as the same car. With the wheels that's the only downfall as they're always dirty! I wash my car weekly and it takes a good while to get them perfect. I've not removed the vinyl off mine though as I think it adds to the character of the car and is a head turner. Also do you get the twin exhaust pipes with the monotune? I think they really do add to the look of the car.

Hope you enjoy the car when you get it. You'll have to upload some pics

#3 r3ign

r3ign

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

Good choice! The S1600 is a fantastic car. I've got the 134bhp version but as you're monutuning yours. They're as good as the same car. With the wheels that's the only downfall as they're always dirty! I wash my car weekly and it takes a good while to get them perfect. I've not removed the vinyl off mine though as I think it adds to the character of the car and is a head turner. Also do you get the twin exhaust pipes with the monotune? I think they really do add to the look of the car.

Hope you enjoy the car when you get it. You'll have to upload some pics

Yeah with the Mountune kit it will be the whole lot (straight from the manifold and will incluse the twin exit exhausts)

I do agree the twin exit set the fiesta off nicely, but with the 134 they have cut a part of the rear diffuser to allow for the exhaust to sit nicely (that looks much better than mine will) - but i can always cut it out myself

Vinyl - I'm still unsure weather to remove it as the more i look at it the more i want to keep it on like you said it makes it unusual.

Alloys - yeah the same as black alloys i guess, just a pain to keep clean unless there's some wheel polish out there that would help keep them clean longer?

Thank you - I cant wait to collect the car now :) i cant remember but do the S1600 come with the front chin spoiler ?

Will defiantly post pics of the S1600

Watch this space :P

#4 Marcr1

Marcr1

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

Yeah they do have a front splitter under the bumper, unless you really look you don't see it though. I've been looking to get white and blue DMB badges to, think they would look really good on the car.

There are probably products out there that you can use on your wheels but I can't see them working that well.

Ps the leather is a killer in this heat we're having lately when you get in the car

#5 r3ign

r3ign

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

Yeah they do have a front splitter under the bumper, unless you really look you don't see it though. I've been looking to get white and blue DMB badges to, think they would look really good on the car.

There are probably products out there that you can use on your wheels but I can't see them working that well.

Ps the leather is a killer in this heat we're having lately when you get in the car

That's good,

nice, that would look good on the front and back but not sure about the alloys though as the blue contrasts nicely with the white.

Yeah, will have to research on the alloy cleaners,

Ah, typical my first car with Leather and it turns out to be a negative point lol. cant wait for the winter then haha :P

What extras do you have on yours? Marc ?

#6 Marcr1

Marcr1

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

Haha it was the same with me. First car to have leather seats. They're mega comfy and I didn't mean to put you off them. It's just the initial bit :') when they're hot to touch.
Really good in the cold though with the heated seats.

Mines got all the usual stuff, heated seats, start button, Bluetooth stereo/phone etc

I've also put climair wind deflectors on which look really nice.

What car did you come from to the S1600?

#7 r3ign

r3ign

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

Haha it was the same with me. First car to have leather seats. They're mega comfy and I didn't mean to put you off them. It's just the initial bit :') when they're hot to touch.
Really good in the cold though with the heated seats.

Mines got all the usual stuff, heated seats, start button, Bluetooth stereo/phone etc

I've also put climair wind deflectors on which look really nice.

What car did you come from to the S1600?

Yeah they seem very comfy,
ha no worries,

nice, how are you finding the 'Ford Power' Button as apposed to the keys?
liking the wind deflectors though.

I came from a Seat Cupra (Great car but pricey to run (oil every 5k miles or so) and poor quality plastic creaking every time. but good fun.

Going to miss the performance but it could be worse. but im only dropping 40bhp but thinking of getting the 155 upgrade.

#8 Wilko-S1600

Wilko-S1600

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Name: chris
  • Ford Model: Fiesta S1600
Contributor

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

Ive got the white s1600 without the stripes. Think the blue one looks better with the stripes as it matches the wheels but if youre going to be changing the wheel colour then it should be ok but i think the white wheels look awesome.

#9 Marcr1

Marcr1

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

Yeah the ford power button is good! Never have to worry about the keys! They are pretty quick the S1600's especially higher up the revs and they're a light car so you shouldn't feel a big lack of power. I came from a 1.4 Fiat Grande Punto so it was a big step up in power for me.

I do agree with WilkoS1600 the wheels on the blue car really set it off.

I polished and waxed the car today. Took 3 hours... Worth it though looks amazing but I'm already feeling sorry for my back in the morning :-/

#10 r3ign

r3ign

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:58 PM

Ive got the white s1600 without the stripes. Think the blue one looks better with the stripes as it matches the wheels but if youre going to be changing the wheel colour then it should be ok but i think the white wheels look awesome.

Yeah the ford power button is good! Never have to worry about the keys! They are pretty quick the S1600's especially higher up the revs and they're a light car so you shouldn't feel a big lack of power. I came from a 1.4 Fiat Grande Punto so it was a big step up in power for me.

I do agree with WilkoS1600 the wheels on the blue car really set it off.

I polished and waxed the car today. Took 3 hours... Worth it though looks amazing but I'm already feeling sorry for my back in the morning :-/

Thanks foe the feedback Wilko, I do agree the stripes do make the car. and im still not sure weather to change the colour of the alloys. so need to think this through before i make any big decissions.

Possibilities:
  • Black alloys - Black roof
  • Keep it standard with stripes on and add the eibach lowering springs option.

Wow! have you got any pics Marc?

Going to phone the dealer tomorrow to see how long do i have to wait for the S1600 - even though its less power than the cupra i'm really looking forward to personalising the car :)

Cant wait to get it now.

Will keep you all updated with pics too :)

#11 Kingmunky

Kingmunky

Settling In Well

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Name: Greg
  • Year: 2010

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:10 AM

If your'e keeping the white wheels I'd definitely recommend FK1000p sealant (or the cheaper alternative SP1000P) to keep them clean. I took all the wheels off and washed them to within an inch of their lives, polished, 1x coat of Turtle Wax Nano Tech wheel wax and 2x coats of the above sealant. All the wheel muck can be hosed off now, sometimes rubbed with a m/f but stil lcomes off sooo easily.

#12 r3ign

r3ign

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:50 AM

If your'e keeping the white wheels I'd definitely recommend FK1000p sealant (or the cheaper alternative SP1000P) to keep them clean. I took all the wheels off and washed them to within an inch of their lives, polished, 1x coat of Turtle Wax Nano Tech wheel wax and 2x coats of the above sealant. All the wheel muck can be hosed off now, sometimes rubbed with a m/f but stil lcomes off sooo easily.

nice, will look into this .

how much times do you have to re-apply the FK/SP 1000P ?

monthly? or does it depend on the dirtiness of the wheel.

#13 Kingmunky

Kingmunky

Settling In Well

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Name: Greg
  • Year: 2010

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

I usually do it once every 3 months, it lasts ages. As long as you regularly give the wheels a power wash/quick run over with a wet mitt ro remove light amounts of brake dust etc, it should last a long time.

#14 Ross M

Ross M

Ross ST

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Name: Ross
  • Ford Model: ST2
  • Year: 2013

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

Hello All! :D

I have recently bought a S1600 and I absolutely love it. B) Mine does not have the top stripes over it and I am pleased that it doesn't. It is good to hear another owner with a white one that doesn't have the stripes. I did read that someone had the starter button? Mine doesn't? Is this right? :unsure:

I hope you all enjoy the car as much as I am!
Ross

#15 Marcr1

Marcr1

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

The Ford Power was an optional extra, so you've not been done over or anything.

Yeah I agree it's definately the best car I've ever had and everyone who sees it agrees! Especially for the money it comes with all the gadgets, looks amazing and is pretty quick.

It's all about a blue S1600 though, sorry guys ;) mwahaha

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users