Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Polish?

Marcr1

I've been looking at buying some polish for my car but in all honesty I have no idea which one to go for? I have heard good things about Meguiars Ultimate Polish. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

I'm a fan of Collinite 915 :)

This is the stuff for me, Very good indeed.

http://www.greasedlightning.co.uk/viewproducts.php?set=32

I use greased lightning as well. Really good stuff. I've never used as they say though as I always wash car first then apply. It's so easy to apply and rub off. Have you ever been brave enough to try it without washing first?

Hmm... Decisions :P 2 votes for greased lightning then the autoglym does a cracking job as well

I will probably get slaughtered for this but here goes.

Greased lightling will not last very long and will be okay if you didnt have a lot of time on your hands, otherwise you are better to polish and then use a separate wax, i usually only polish and wax twice a year on all my cars. Ford Mazda & BMW

I use super resin polish followed by gloss protection a few times a year and inbetween every month or so use the greased lightning. Have ordered some hd wax though as plan on claying it very soon ready for the summer. 😃☀

You can't go wrong with Autoglym SRP followed by HD wax. Lasts a long time & is reasonably priced.

I also use their Express wax (also known as Aquawax) after every wash as a top up & drying aid.

Froggy72 if you are planing to clay your car i would recommend the Bilt Hammer range as its reasonably priced easier to use that most clays and you can use water as a lubricant or i use water and a v small amount of car shampoo in a spray bottle.

The best "off the shelf" polish is easily AutoGlym SRP. It's been improved for 2012 and is less dusty than the old one. But remember a polish will NOT protect the car. You will need a top coat of wax for the protection.

Yeah I've got the wax sorted for the car. I just mainly needed the polish to prepare the surface and remove some of the light swirl marks. Also gives it the "showroom" finish before putting the wax on to protect the paint

I didn't realise it was such hard work polishing and waxing a car!! I'm effed! Took the best part of 3 hours but it does look amazing now!

How often would you say it's best to polish and wax? I was thinking maybe 6 times a year?

Marcr1 you could do it six times a year but you will only be giving yourself loads of unnecessary work, twice a year is loads

Ah okay thanks! I think ill do it just before winter to protect the paint against all the grit etc though

A good wax will last 3-4 months, so you would only need to wax it 3-4 times a year at the most. In bewteen the time, a quick detailer will top up the protection for when the car is dirty.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club