• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gremlynn

gremlynn

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Ford Model: ka

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

Hi all,need a little advice as i dont have a clue lol.Within the last week my car has been playing up,its a 1997 ford ka.When i first start the engine the car is vibrating lots and i can hear slight revving.When driving its constantly juddering whatever speed im doing,its worse when i accelerate like the cars really trying to go faster but is struggling,had a slight wiff of burning the other day but not smelt that since,also think i might have suspension problems on front left side as theres been quite a lot of creaking and squeaking,not sure if these problems are related or not.really wary of taking it to the garage incase i get ripped off,any ideas whats going on?,money is a big issue for me at the minute and i cant afford to buy another car,just hope its nothing to serious and expensive.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,480 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2008

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

Sounds like its misfireing. When was it last serviced?

I would start by replacing the plugs and leads. If they have not been changed for a while I would change the fuel filter and air filter as well. If that lot doesnt sort it, you may need to change the coil pack as well.

#3 delboy

delboy

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Name: martin
  • Ford Model: c-max ghia 1.8 petrol
  • Year: 2004

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:54 AM

if the service you give it dont work then perhaps change the ht leads.
the suspension seems to be worn from your description

buypartsby.com is a good place to look for parts

sounds like you may need
drop link
anti roll bar bushes
lower suspension arm (wishbone)
that's what i would change & i usually do both sides if the car is that old and
whilst at it change the brake disk's & pads as it's all got to come off so 2 birds with one stone

#4 gremlynn

gremlynn

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Ford Model: ka

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:46 PM

Just an update to say all sparkplugs have been changed and this has sorted the juddering problem out.I checked back on a earlier mot and the wishbone was on an advisory,so would you say this is what is causing the creaking?

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users