4 replies to this topic

#1 gemgem

gemgem

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.4 Zetec TDCi
Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:24 PM

Hi,

i have a knocking noise coming from the front of my car. It only seems to happen when you accelerate hard in second and third gears.

I've looked under the bonnet and there's nothing obvious there. Had it on ramps and nothing on the exhaust or anything so i'm now starting to wonder if it could be either the clutch or the gearbox.

Has anyone else had this issue and, if so, what was it and how did you solve it?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 swatrfc

swatrfc

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta
Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:48 PM

Hi,

i have a knocking noise coming from the front of my car. It only seems to happen when you accelerate hard in second and third gears.

I've looked under the bonnet and there's nothing obvious there. Had it on ramps and nothing on the exhaust or anything so i'm now starting to wonder if it could be either the clutch or the gearbox.

Has anyone else had this issue and, if so, what was it and how did you solve it?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Have you checked the engine mountains

#3 MarkTDCI

MarkTDCI

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec S TDCI 07

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:30 PM

I have the same noise aswell, when the cars idle it rattles like some think is loose. My cars going into ford tuesday ill let you know. I know theres a recall on some fiesta models as theres a faulty nut on same engines???

MarkTDCI

#4 santa

santa

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo
Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:52 PM

Engine mountains... Faulty nut.... Just let the poor bloke out :rolleyes:

#5 gemgem

gemgem

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.4 Zetec TDCi
Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:37 PM

I have the same noise aswell, when the cars idle it rattles like some think is loose. My cars going into ford tuesday ill let you know. I know theres a recall on some fiesta models as theres a faulty nut on same engines???

MarkTDCI

I'm quite new to all of this so I wouldn't know where to look for the engine Mountings.

Let me know how you get on with Ford on Tuesday. From experience they will do anything they can to get out of doing work under the warranty!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users