Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Name: Richard
  • Ford Model: Focus 2014 1.6 tdci + S max 2007
  • Year: 2014

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:43 AM

Thought i'd post this up in case anyone wants to do it.........i have sucessfully installed bt & voice control using the patch loom designed for the Fiesta. My vehicle, S Max ( 2007 LX ) is not prewired for this, so i thought i'd try the patch loom and it works.....part numbers required are,,,,,,

module part number 7S7T 19G488 - AE
patch loom finis no. 1429802
microphone finis no. 1363463
Stalk with bt/vc finis no. 1740611

Only thing you need to modifiy is to extend the mic. wire by about 18".
The patch loom is able to tuck away nicely under the head unit , while the bluetooth module wire is routed into the passenger footwell and the mic wire to the drivers side, over pedals and steering column and up the pillar behind the trim.........

Takes an hour and that's it.........
Activating via IDS is required of course, but can be done before or after.....i had it activated a few weeks ago ready for when i bought the parts.
I have a Sony mp3 head unit installed and one thing to remember is that the software revision of your unit must begin in 05- xx- xx. Those starting in 04-xx-xx will not work......(check it by turning on unit and press 1&6 together)
I'll answer any questions as they come, just thought i'd pop it up for the minute.
Hope this helps.........Richie.

http://www.ford-mobi...VC_GS_A4_EN.pdf

Richie0354.jpg Richie0356.jpg Richie0357.jpg Richie0358.jpg

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 137699

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Ford Model: 2006 S-max Titanium X Sport 2.5T

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

Old news - covered here back in 2008....
http://www.smaxowner...bluetooth retro

#3 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,476 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2008

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

Surprised anyone found that 2008 posting. Thanks for sharing your fix.

#4 steve-p

steve-p

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: s-max

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:02 AM

hi just in the middle of doing this awaiting mic after being out of stock just wondered how much it cost to get the voice activation done via IDS cheers

#5 Richiemac

Richiemac

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Name: Richard
  • Ford Model: Focus 2014 1.6 tdci + S max 2007
  • Year: 2014

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:49 PM

Old news - covered here back in 2008....
http://www.smaxowner...bluetooth+retro

Thought ' How To' guides were only for paid members on that forum, which i am, so i thought i 'd post up my experience here where its free......just trying to help others out.......making them aware that the patch loom works for vehicles not prewired for BT..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Had mine activated at an independent garage, along with cruise control, autolights and wipers + PCM and all module reflash for € 80 all in. Half hour and everything was done.......

#6 MattBloomfield

MattBloomfield

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus titanium 2008

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:34 AM

Hi Richie, I'm lookin at retro fitting Bluetooth into my 2008 focus titanium. I have the Sony mp3 head unit already. How do I know what USB module I need? I'm looking on eBay but there seems to be different serial numbers on them? Do I need a perticular one to match my car? And how would I know if the wiring loom is already in my car?
Thanks mate

#7 Sparklehedgehog

Sparklehedgehog

• Members via Twitter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: john
  • Ford Model: Smax 2.0 TDCi Titanium
  • Year: 2011

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:53 PM

I have a 2007 57 plate titanium that i can't get the bluetooth module to be recognised in.

I have put a firmware version 05-04-02 sony 6cd changer head unit in, i have connected my 19c112-am bluetooth module to the connector yet when i press the phone button on the head unit it just mutes the audio and doesn't even know the BT unit is there.

Is this due to the wiring loom? I even tried slaving in my mondeo system that works in full in my 09 mondeo (the BT unit and head unit) and it didn't work in the Smax either.

PLEASE HELP, I"M LOSING THE WILL TO LIVE!!!!

#8 137699

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Ford Model: 2006 S-max Titanium X Sport 2.5T

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:13 AM

Does your phone find the Bluetooth when you search for it?

Pressing the phone button will mute the sound - that's what it's designed to do -what did you expect to see happen when you pressed it?

#9 Sparklehedgehog

Sparklehedgehog

• Members via Twitter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: john
  • Ford Model: Smax 2.0 TDCi Titanium
  • Year: 2011

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

no i meant the button that says Phone on it not the phone icon button and pressing this "Phone" worded button on my mondeo or other facelift Smax puts it into the phone menu on screen

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users