Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk5 Fiesta Zetec 1.4 Performance Questions

jnb1

Hello Everyone,

In just under a week, I'm going to be buying a 2003 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec, and I have a few questions concerning performance. Firstly, compared to my first car (a 1.5 Proton Wira), I'm interested to know what the performance of the zetec engine is like on the whole, as I have never driven one previously. I'm aware the zetec isn't neck breathtakingly fast, but I do like a car with a bit of poke, especially when overtaking, and since the torque numbers look fairly promising, I'm hoping someone can shine some light on their experience with this car.

Thanks

Josh :)

I have a fiesta freestyle 1.2 45 zetec -s in it and i was surprised with the poke it has, i was expecting a snail like pace but it has alot more power than i was expecting from this engine considering the size of it even with 2 adults and 3 kids in it,so i hope this helps in your quest :)

Hey everyone, just a small update on the situation, which I'm hoping someone could give me some help with.

Received the car on the 4th of June and drove it for a day or so. I must say, its a lovely car to drive, and as a fair bit of torque in the lower gears; first time I pulled away, I was getting used to the clutch (etc.), and the pull from the car left me a bit surprised!. However, it has now been sent to the garage as the 'EAC Fail' message appeared on the dash, altough the car drives fine with no issues, and is in the process of being fixed :) [They fitted a new cam belt, and tightened it too much....).

My real question here though, is what can I do from here to squeeze a bit of extra 'oomph' from the car? I'm happy with how it performs now, but I was looking into the Bluefin Superchip or a K&N air filter to replace the stock paper one. Could anyone with any experience of this car give me some tips and advice on how to squeeze more fun out of an already great car :)

Thanks

Josh

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club