• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 djTimBo

djTimBo

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus
Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:12 PM

I'm having trouble bleeding my brakes because I can't loosen the nipple on the first brake I started on (read drum brake). Does anyone know the size spanner I would need for the nipple because my 10mm won't fit it and the 11mm is too big. I did notice that one of my imperial sockets fit it nicely however I couldn't fit my wrench in it.

I tried loosening it with the 11mm but it started to round off so I stopped. My friend told me it was a bit too far-fetched to take the whole drum brake off to get my socket wrench on it so I just really need to know the size.

On another note, does anyone know what size or specification the Focus wheel nuts are, I kinda rounded one of them by accident aswell..

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,270 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:36 PM

I'm having trouble bleeding my brakes because I can't loosen the nipple on the first brake I started on (read drum brake). Does anyone know the size spanner I would need for the nipple because my 10mm won't fit it and the 11mm is too big. I did notice that one of my imperial sockets fit it nicely however I couldn't fit my wrench in it.

I tried loosening it with the 11mm but it started to round off so I stopped. My friend told me it was a bit too far-fetched to take the whole drum brake off to get my socket wrench on it so I just really need to know the size.

On another note, does anyone know what size or specification the Focus wheel nuts are, I kinda rounded one of them by accident aswell..

sounds like your having a bad day mate lol.

your bleed nipples might already be corroded/damaged and hence the spanner not fitting. give them a good going over with a wire brush and spray plenty wd40 on and let it soak in. IIRC i used a 9 for my front brakes and a 10 for the rear.

as for the wheel bolts, im not sure on the length but they are M12 - 19mm head.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users