Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Some Clutch Related Info Please

0o0bumble0o0

hi all after posting my thread on my clutch sliiping last week i phoned my local garage and told him my syptoms of my clutch he rekons my clutch is on its way out now he hasent quoted me a price yet but told me it cud be expencive as mine is the one with slave cylinder in the gearbox and its got a dual master flywheel. now i wanted to ask you guys because i was told mine had a slave cylinder under my clutch pedal by someone else basicly i want to know if hes telling the truth or trying to make more money out of me. my car is ford focus estate 02 reg 1.8tddi zetec thats what it says on logbook

hi all after posting my thread on my clutch sliiping last week i phoned my local garage and told him my syptoms of my clutch he rekons my clutch is on its way out now he hasent quoted me a price yet but told me it cud be expencive as mine is the one with slave cylinder in the gearbox and its got a dual master flywheel. now i wanted to ask you guys because i was told mine had a slave cylinder under my clutch pedal by someone else basicly i want to know if hes telling the truth or trying to make more money out of me. my car is ford focus estate 02 reg 1.8tddi zetec thats what it says on logbook

I dont know about diesels but on my mk1 petrol it has the concentric slave clyinder in with the clutch in the gear box

What about the flywheel ??? Thats when it starts getting expensive !

yeah thats why i sold my last car cause of dual mass flywheel mind you this car is costing a bomb changed turbo 2 mth ago cause oil giong into the intercooler from the turbo broght another turbo thats seems to be doing the same it never ends lol

if the dmf is needing done which usually is the case it gets very expensive my mate gets a lot of diesels traded in for either dmf or dpf issues and as such does not take many diesels at all the joy of running cheap diesels :rolleyes:

yes dmf's are not the cheapest part to replace but the op was asking about a clutch and slave clynder.

yes dmf's are not the cheapest part to replace but the op was asking about a clutch and slave clynder.

Yes he was, he stated that his clutch was slipping, but a duel mass flywheel comes as part and parcel of the job, not worth changing one without the other ?

Yes he was, he stated that his clutch was slipping, but a duel mass flywheel comes as part and parcel of the job, not worth changing one without the other ?

the thing is as mine got the dual mass flywheel being a tddi thats wot i was scared of the garge saying it needed changing when in fact it has not got one

the thing is as mine got the dual mass flywheel being a tddi thats wot i was scared of the garge saying it needed changing when in fact it has not got one

Not 100% sure if yours actually does have one, ive never owned a tddi, you'll need someone who has changed a clutch on one for that info, if it hasn't then your clutch should'nt be too expensive a job, fingers crossed for you lol.