Show
Photo

Annoying Buzzing Noise From Beneath The Stereo...

Guide

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 StevoBow

StevoBow

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Steven
  • Ford Model: Lots
  • Year: 2012

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

Hi Guys... just a quick little 'How to' for that annoying noise you get with the titanium fiesta...

Firstly you have to remove the plastic around the gear lever... Just have to pull it up to do so.

IMG_3346.PNG

Next... Remove the little bit of plastic under the radio... small flat blade screwdriver in the center and it should pop open and all you have to do is gently pull it off.

IMG_3347.PNG

Next... Remove the trim around the climate unit which is held in by a few metal clips.. Gently pull it and it should all pull away. I started at the bottom and worked my way slowly to the top.

IMG_3345.PNG

Next... Unscrew the 4 torx holding in the Climate unit and the 2 holding the clip above and disconnect the unit. Very easy,, 2 clips that you press the top down and slide the black part across (not in the pic but makes sense when its in front of you)

IMG_3348.PNG

In the hole you'll find this... the cause of the problem!! It's vibrating against the trim. The trim is somehow acting like a speaker and making the noise far worse then it is!!

IMG_3349.PNG

Cable tie it to the wires for the climate control and it should fix the problem!!

IMG_3350.PNG

Now all you gotta do is put it all back together in reverse!!

Good Luck :D

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Jason_Master_Tech

Jason_Master_Tech

Settling In Well

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Name: jason
  • Ford Model: focus
  • Year: 2001

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

There is now an adapter available which mounts between the sensor and the dash which pro vents this noise from happening too.

#3 Nodz

Nodz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2008

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

There is now an adapter available which mounts between the sensor and the dash which pro vents this noise from happening too.

Have you got a part no for this?? Just picked up the OH's new fiesta (58plate) and its doing the same

Thanks

#4 Magenta

Magenta

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Titanium 1.4 Auto - Marello
  • Year: 2009

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

Very useful - thanks. that noise has bugged me for a long time. Is it the temperature sensor for the climate control ? It would explain why you only get it that particular buzzing on Titaniums etc.(I get it on mine on certain road surfaces at certain speeds). I'm surprised Ford left it just hanging there without a clip. Can you not just remove a side trim to get at it ?

#5 robthegog79

robthegog79

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

Hi there I'm just wondering if anyone found out the part number of the adapter that Jason had mentioned? My wife's Fiesta (Titanium 2009) has the same issue re: buzzing. The buzzing stops when I remove the sensor from it's dash mounting, so I know that's the issue.

I'm tempted to just leave it disconnected from the dash and cable-tie it to the other wires, like Steven's solution above. But I'm worried this might stop the climate control from working properly i.e. it won't measure the internal temperature correctly.

Many thanks! Rob.

#6 lollapalooza

lollapalooza

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Name: Paolo
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

The part number here in Italy it's 1736143.
The price is about 3 €.

That's the picture of the sensor with the "adapter" plugged. The adapter is highlighted.
Posted Image

P.S.
The sensor is not "hanging", it is plugged in a slot on the dashboard.
In left hand drive cars the slot is located on the left of the climate control panel, about at the same height of the driver's knee.

#7 Mike77

Mike77

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:33 AM

Excellent guide Stevo, thanks very much. Can you just confirm if the component actually goes back into its location after being tie wrapped, or does it just sit attatched to the wiring loom, which is were mine is now. But at least that horrid noise is a lot less noticeable lol. Thanks again, Mike.

#8 lollapalooza

lollapalooza

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Contributor

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:57 AM

Actually I think he left the sensor tied to the cables, without putting it back into its location.

I think you'd better but the rubber adapter, because if you leave it tied to the cables it won't measure the temperature correctly.

#9 Mike77

Mike77

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

I thought that was the case, because once cable tied to the wires there was no way mine would reach its original housing anyway. I'll look into the rubber adapter, but my heating needs are simple,,, either hot or cold, im not one for fussing about with the constant temp inside the car lol.

#10 lollapalooza

lollapalooza

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Contributor

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

I strongly suggest to buy that adapter, because otherwise the sensor will read the temperature from "inside" the dashboard, and not from the cockpit... and "inside" the dashboard there's no air circulation...

When temperature is hot (i.e. > 30C) and you set 22C, the A/C will always blow cold air, even if the inside temp goes below 22C, because the sensor will always read hot temperature ('cause it's not sucking air from the cockpit).

The opposite  will happen when outside is cold...

#11 fatharry

fatharry

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: N

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

Actually I think he left the sensor tied to the cables, without putting it back into its location.

I think you'd better but the rubber adapter, because if you leave it tied to the cables it won't measure the temperature correctly.

Can't see this being an issue as the sensor is still sitting in the same cavity !

I'll let you know as soon as I've done mine . :)

#12 rioch

rioch

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Not

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:55 PM

Does anyone have a good link for that part. It's extremely hard to find. All websites I've tried don't recognise that part number.

#13 lollapalooza

lollapalooza

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Contributor

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:23 PM

I think you can buy that item only from official Ford dealers.

#14 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,326 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:56 AM

I can confirm the adaptor's part (Finis) number is 1736143 and will cost about £3.60 from a Ford parts counter.

#15 fatharry

fatharry

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: N

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

Just put mine into Fords, had a new sensor fitted. £100 job done.

Not worth mucking around with.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users