Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Annoying Buzzing Noise From Beneath The Stereo...

StevoBow

Hi Guys... just a quick little 'How to' for that annoying noise you get with the titanium fiesta...

Firstly you have to remove the plastic around the gear lever... Just have to pull it up to do so.

post-33711-0-17295700-1338305200_thumb.p

Next... Remove the little bit of plastic under the radio... small flat blade screwdriver in the center and it should pop open and all you have to do is gently pull it off.

post-33711-0-16266900-1338305380_thumb.p

Next... Remove the trim around the climate unit which is held in by a few metal clips.. Gently pull it and it should all pull away. I started at the bottom and worked my way slowly to the top.

post-33711-0-37649800-1338305928_thumb.p

Next... Unscrew the 4 torx holding in the Climate unit and the 2 holding the clip above and disconnect the unit. Very easy,, 2 clips that you press the top down and slide the black part across (not in the pic but makes sense when its in front of you)

post-33711-0-33503600-1338305985_thumb.p

In the hole you'll find this... the cause of the problem!! It's vibrating against the trim. The trim is somehow acting like a speaker and making the noise far worse then it is!!

post-33711-0-31885100-1338305646_thumb.p

Cable tie it to the wires for the climate control and it should fix the problem!!

post-33711-0-78515000-1338305748_thumb.p

Now all you gotta do is put it all back together in reverse!!

Good Luck :D

• Like 3

There is now an adapter available which mounts between the sensor and the dash which pro vents this noise from happening too.

There is now an adapter available which mounts between the sensor and the dash which pro vents this noise from happening too.

Have you got a part no for this?? Just picked up the OH's new fiesta (58plate) and its doing the same

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Very useful - thanks. that noise has bugged me for a long time. Is it the temperature sensor for the climate control ? It would explain why you only get it that particular buzzing on Titaniums etc.(I get it on mine on certain road surfaces at certain speeds). I'm surprised Ford left it just hanging there without a clip. Can you not just remove a side trim to get at it ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there I'm just wondering if anyone found out the part number of the adapter that Jason had mentioned? My wife's Fiesta (Titanium 2009) has the same issue re: buzzing. The buzzing stops when I remove the sensor from it's dash mounting, so I know that's the issue.

I'm tempted to just leave it disconnected from the dash and cable-tie it to the other wires, like Steven's solution above. But I'm worried this might stop the climate control from working properly i.e. it won't measure the internal temperature correctly.

Many thanks! Rob.

• 1 month later...

The part number here in Italy it's 1736143.

The price is about 3 €.

That's the picture of the sensor with the "adapter" plugged. The adapter is highlighted.

Cattura.jpg

P.S.

The sensor is not "hanging", it is plugged in a slot on the dashboard.

In left hand drive cars the slot is located on the left of the climate control panel, about at the same height of the driver's knee.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Excellent guide Stevo, thanks very much. Can you just confirm if the component actually goes back into its location after being tie wrapped, or does it just sit attatched to the wiring loom, which is were mine is now. But at least that horrid noise is a lot less noticeable lol. Thanks again, Mike.

Actually I think he left the sensor tied to the cables, without putting it back into its location.

I think you'd better but the rubber adapter, because if you leave it tied to the cables it won't measure the temperature correctly.

I thought that was the case, because once cable tied to the wires there was no way mine would reach its original housing anyway. I'll look into the rubber adapter, but my heating needs are simple,,, either hot or cold, im not one for fussing about with the constant temp inside the car lol.

I strongly suggest to buy that adapter, because otherwise the sensor will read the temperature from "inside" the dashboard, and not from the cockpit... and "inside" the dashboard there's no air circulation...

When temperature is hot (i.e. > 30C) and you set 22C, the A/C will always blow cold air, even if the inside temp goes below 22C, because the sensor will always read hot temperature ('cause it's not sucking air from the cockpit).

The opposite will happen when outside is cold...

• 4 months later...

Actually I think he left the sensor tied to the cables, without putting it back into its location.

I think you'd better but the rubber adapter, because if you leave it tied to the cables it won't measure the temperature correctly.

Can't see this being an issue as the sensor is still sitting in the same cavity !

I'll let you know as soon as I've done mine . :)

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have a good link for that part. It's extremely hard to find. All websites I've tried don't recognise that part number.

I think you can buy that item only from official Ford dealers.

I can confirm the adaptor's part (Finis) number is 1736143 and will cost about £3.60 from a Ford parts counter.

• Like 1

Just put mine into Fords, had a new sensor fitted. £100 job done.

Not worth mucking around with.

Update, 15 months later the buzzing is back !

I have now fitted the Ford adapter (about £4) problem solved !

Took my sensor out, found it to be caked with dust - cleaned it with contact cleaner, put it all back together and it's as quiet as a mouse now :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
2 minutes ago, BadLuckGuy said:

So I just followee the pics and the most difficult bit was getting the actual climate control unit to slide out.

I found the sensor and that is what is making the noise. Makes sense now what ford were saying.

Ford had the adapter in stock so tried this. Although it made some reduction in the noise - It's still there :wallbash:

So I guess I'll either live with it or if I find the part at a decent price I'll change it myself - if thats possible.

Thanks for your help tho :thumbup:

Thought I'll update here as well as it comes up top on google search for this very topic.

I'm going to try a clean tomorrow as suggested above and maybe grease the axel as suggested on a same topic on fiestamk7 forum site. If that's not worked I'll see if I can source the actual sensor and attempt to replace it myself.

3 hours ago, BadLuckGuy said:

I'm going to try a clean tomorrow as suggested above and maybe grease the axel as suggested

Clean the fan, and also the pin.

Don't put greasr or oil, otherwise the fan will stop working...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lollapalooza said:

Clean the fan, and also the pin.

Don't put greasr or oil, otherwise the fan will stop working...

Okie dokie - Thanks.

So just got behind the unit again this AM and I can't seem to figure out how to detach the sensor let alone dismantle it!

Any know hows out there? :help:

• 1 month later...

My focus Titanium  X does this, can this rubber part be used on that too?

20 minutes ago, richardc1983 said:

My focus Titanium  X does this, can this rubber part be used on that too?

I'd expect there to be a different one for the Focus.

My 2012 did this, but the Foci I've had since with climate control don't, so they must have changed something.

• 4 months later...

I purchased the adaptor for my Fiesta Titanium 2008 from this site : http://www.eurekacarparts.com/ford/1736143

I tried to install it , it goes well in the sensor , but inside the slot on the dash it's not that great , or at least for me it was not. I tried finding the right position but it still buzzes a little , best solution for me was to Cable tie the sensor to the wires for the climate control . Buzzing stopped finally :D 

18987565_1468993976456895_285668037_o.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I just started the following forum topic, and just wondered whether any of you here have experience that would help me towards having the car completely silent after I switch it off. I'm not technical, so am hoping I can get the garage that I bought it from to sort it out.

Thanks!

Ailsa

How to stop Fiesta Titanium buzz completely?

Hello,

I recently bought a second hand Fiesta Titanium and I would really like to find a way for it to be completely silent after I switch the engine off. The buzz it makes isn’t loud, but it bothers me and would definitely affect my enjoyment of sitting in the car to, say, enjoy a view, catch up with emails or chat with a friend. If you have any ideas that might help I would be really grateful.

The garage that I bought it from fitted a rubber part for the climate control from Ford that some have found helpful with this issue, but it didn’t make any difference for me. They also thought that it would be silent if I switched the climate control off before switching the car off, but that doesn’t seem to help either.

The noise still always continues for about 5 minutes after I switch the car off. If I leave a window open (something I’m sure to need to do in summer) it seems that it never stops buzzing.

I’m pretty sure the problem IS with the climate control, because it was worse in the period between them first looking at that and fitting the rubber part.

I told the people at the garage about an old post from ‘Mariner’ here about a software update that stopped the climate control fan running after the engine was switched off, as well as posts elsewhere about cleaning, oiling and recalibrating the climate control and cable-tying the sensor to the wires of the climate control. But the people at the garage said that they had put everything they could in to trying to sort this out, including spending a lot of time on the phone to Ford, and that there was nothing more they could do.

I really don’t want to have to live with this, so I’m wondering whether you have any further information or ideas that might help lead them to a solution that means I can sit in the car in peace

I would be really grateful for your help.

Thank you.

Ailsa

I apologize for my english, as I'm not mothertongue; moreover, there are technical words that I don't know... anyway I hope I'll be enough clear to you.

The noise comes from a small fan that sucks the air from the cockpit and blows to the temperature sensor.

1st solution: insert the rubber part, that acts as an absorber for fan vibrations (and in your case, this seems to be already done)

2nd solution: unmount the small fan and clean all the dust that has accumulated over the years. Do not oil the pin... just remove dust, and be very careful not to let any foreign body (dust particle, iron splinter, etc.) to fall into the fan pinhole. If that happens, you'll need to completely replace the sensor.

This will help reduce the noise.

Anyway this will not stop the fan from remain powered on after you switch off the ignition.

As you have already read somewhere, there's a software update (that I think can be done exclusively in a Ford official garage) that will change the power policy of the fan.

After the update, the fan will be spinning only when the ignition is on.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club