#1 Vormulac

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Tristan
  • Ford Model: Mondeo MkIV TDCi Zetec
  • Year: 2007

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

Hello everyone,

I have just registered and thought I would introduce myself. I have a '57 Zetec TDCi Mondeo which I've owned for about a year now, and although for the first six months it spent more time on the back of a recovery lorry and in the garage than in front of my house, it hasn't given me much trouble lately. I enjoy having that much space in the car, especially with two small children and the amount of kit that they generally want to cart about!

I may be a bit biased as I worked on the design of diesel Mondeos as a component engineer for Ford many years ago, but in spite of the problems I've had with this car I would still recommend it to most people.

My previous car was a Subaru (although I've never worn a baseball cap backwards or overtaken at 60mph in a 30 zone!) Legacy, so the drop in power and toys was a bit of a downer, but getting 55mpg instead of 15mpg has put the smile back on my wallet! :)

I'll be interested in knowing what modifications people typically carry out to their Mondeos and any hints and tips I can glean.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 dezwez

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,653 posts
  • Name: Derek
  • Ford Model: ford focus 1.8 zetec mk 2.5 petrol
  • Year: 2008

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

Hi welcome :)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users