#16 Mark M.K

Mark M.K

FOC Supporter

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,467 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:37 AM

I have the new fiesta with a 1.4 engine, and got 38MPG on the last tank on 100% town driving. Only has 600 miles on the clock too :P. It might sound stupid but check your tyres and make sure they have the correct air in them as this could affect MPG by 1-2 MPG

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec MK7
Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:20 AM

I have the new fiesta with a 1.4 engine, and got 38MPG on the last tank on 100% town driving. Only has 600 miles on the clock too :P. It might sound stupid but check your tyres and make sure they have the correct air in them as this could affect MPG by 1-2 MPG

Good advice that we (I atleast) always forget about!

#18 sussex

sussex

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Ford Model: Was - 1.4 Zetec / Now - 1.6 ZS

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:47 AM

Tyres checked reguarly and are spot on. I will drop into my Ford dealer and mention my MPG.

#19 hedgepig

hedgepig

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 125 Titanium X
  • Year: 2013

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:07 PM

Biggest problem so far is a rather annoying rattle from the drivers side air vent which the ford garage say they cant find. well ive resorted to bluetac stuck inside the air vent for now...not ideal.

The mp3 usb player is fab but why you cant control the album lists off the steering wheel beggers belief. you have to take your hands off the wheel which is pointless.
Voice activation works a charm but it cant understand the wife saying "Phone". ?Just her tho.
Im thinking of getting one myself or the Alfa Mito but not sure what engine to go for so thats how impressed i am with it.

I agree with you about the rattle but I reckon mine's from the glove box area--I've mentioned it to my dealer and they will check it at 1500 miles.

Voice activation is good I agree and I've had this problem with the word "phone" so it's probably not your wife's fault (but don't tell her though).

I've cured it by saying "telephone" which so far has worked a treat.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users