Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No End Of Problems

burnsy5shoes

I have a 05 ford focus lx but having a few problems. When I start the car up the, the red light starts flashing on the dash (think its for the immobiliser, the car shudders and after a few seconds the car cuts out. The battery light comes on like the car has stalled. This happens a few times before I press the accelerator and the car eventually moves off but the light continues to flash for a few mins after driving. I took this to a mechanic and he ran it through his diagnostic machine and all that came back was it was a transponder error and he advised me to contact a key guy as it sounded like a battery fault. Phoned the key guy and he said its not a key fault. Car keeps doing it all the time and now my radio won't work as its needed a code, I'm beginning to this there may be an electrical fault but wishing to see if anyone can help on here before the ford garage takes a few hundred quid off me!!!

Also my car shakes a lot when going more than 60 mph and the rev counter is about 3500 revs, is this normal???

have the battery checked first before yo do anything as in the cars battery make sure its silver calcium if all ok then its a key issue perhaps worn key or faulty transponder

Hi, I have had a few focus with the immobiliser light flashing after starting and it is usely caused by the pcm getting corrupt. I usely reprogram the pcm and reset the key and this stops that. The main question is why the corruption happen, sounds like you may have some sort of power problem on your vehicle. A starting point would be to remove the fuse box and check it for water ingress. The fuse box is located under the glovebox and has 2 clips which hold it up. Disconnect the 2 plugs on the bottom by unhooking the latch mech on them, unclip the fuse box and it should swing down. disconnect the rest of the connectors and remove the box. there is a small square connector or the box and this is a usely one to get water ingress. Make shore there is no sign of any water or corrosion from old water.

Let me no if u find anything and ill see if i can help u anymore.

Please like me in this Facebook app so I can get online more and help u guy's

http://apps.facebook.com/winwithlikes/?fbpid=23&refid=702122022

Please Pm me with direct questions if u really stuck and carnet get a answer from the forum, i don't always see questions in the forum because I can not get online much.

regards

jason

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club