1 reply to this topic

#1 Matt_Arnold

Matt_Arnold

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Ford Model: 2005 Ford Fiesta Style 1.4 TDIC
Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:24 PM

Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbi to Ford, this is the first Ford that I have ever owned, I brought it from the Carshop, it was an ex-lease car, so it didn't have a manual etc its got 50k on the clock and just had a service.

Just a few questions, i) On the dashbard where the mileage indicater is (very cool that is shows you how many miles are left) what does the number under this mean or relate to? (under miles left).

Seconly when starting up in the cold, I turn the key and its takes about 2 seconds to start, is this normal? after its warms up it start up instantly.

Thank you in advance for you help.

Kind Regards

Matt

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:20 PM

Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbi to Ford, this is the first Ford that I have ever owned, I brought it from the Carshop, it was an ex-lease car, so it didn't have a manual etc its got 50k on the clock and just had a service.

Just a few questions, i) On the dashbard where the mileage indicater is (very cool that is shows you how many miles are left) what does the number under this mean or relate to? (under miles left).

Seconly when starting up in the cold, I turn the key and its takes about 2 seconds to start, is this normal? after its warms up it start up instantly.

Thank you in advance for you help.

Kind Regards

Matt

Its a diesel you have to wait for the glowplug light to go out when the engines cold or it'll be a pig to start. Let the glowplug light go out it'll fire first turn of the key.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users