Bird Droppings

Marcr1

Just a totally random rant here but here goes:

I have owned 4 cars so far (Over 4 Years):

- Red mk6 Fiesta (57 Plate)

- Silver Toyota Yaris (57 Plate)

- White Fiat Grande Punto (10 Plate)

- Blue Fiesta S1600 (12 Plate)

Basically out of all the cars I've owned I've never really had much trouble with birds excreting on my car, but since getting my S1600 literally once a week a bird S**ts on it and it's really annoying now :P.

They must use it as target practice!!

Does anyone know if there's any science behind certain colour cars they target or the fact that I keep my car sparkling clean (washed religiously every week) and hence they like the shininess???

Or whether anyone else has had this problem?

Lmao Thanks

My last car was green and got crapped on relentlessly.

My current one is silver and doesn't get as much.

Flaming seagulls. (shitehawks).

I believe it has more to do with closeness of trees/lampposts than anything else to be honest.

I do honestly think the colour is a big part of it, I've lived in the same house and worked in the same place, gone to the same gym for 5 years now so all my cars have been parked in the same place, must be the seagulls populating :( grr

There's way too many seagulls around now that some prat in a rush of crap to their brain made them all protected.

The thing that draws then inshore is that too many people throw food around and leave communal bins by flats open and give easy access to the evil winged !Removed! machines.

Exactly! They're rats on wings! Vermin... In work We have a seagulls nest on a roof top just beneath our office window and people throw food because they think the babies are "cute". all they do is squark, s**t and dive bomb you when you're trying to get to your car!

We looked into getting them professionally removed because its against the law to do it yourself and there's about a million forms to fill out and then the cost to get a pest control unit out.

Takes the mick!

They're aggressive buggers too, I had one take a sandwich out of my hand a couple of years ago and nearly a finger too.

Nothing a shotgun and a big bag of cartridges wouldn't cure though. ;)

Its a real shame I cant use my air rifle on the things.

I wish it were legal to! They're just a pain in the nuts

My green car (Rav4) got constant bird !Removed!, my blue car (F-150) is considerably larger but gets almost no bird !Removed! - maybe once or twice a month. It also has a huge amount of chrome on it compared to the Toyota, maybe that has something to do with it too. From above it would look blue and black instead of solid blue.

It's a really bright blue, the rav4 was a very dark green, maybe its more to do with how bright/dark the color is than the actual color

That's very possible, maybe green is the preferred colour.

A lot of the problem though is the gulls seem to like to !Removed! as soon as they fly off from a roof or lamppost.

If your car is directly by or under, it will catch the brunt of it.

Dirty little beggars.

Don't get me started on those vile creatures!! Over here they are huge and up until last month I was living right on the Prom so my Golf Cabriolet was constantly pelted! It's hard to scrub baked on poo off those soft tops!!

Hang a road-kill bird from the aerial with a note on it saying "your next if you crap on my car". their poo will eat into the paint if left on, the previous owner of my car lived on the coast, poo not removed in time and left a permanent stain in the paint. I hate the little bleeders. :ph34r:

I don't have that problem thankfully :-) but my dads q5 does it's white rather nice and he also cleans it every week but my theory is he gets paid to destroy or help destroy gull eggs so they know it's him and go for the car, he has once or twice been bomb dived by them while carrying my daughter who was 18 months at the time scary stuff like xx

I've seen people chased by them and they're not small birds.

My Collie stalks and chases them so they scarper when he's around.

I got a blue focus and havin to clean the c**p of every other day or daily. Had silver vectra previously. Never got dumped on once

Kill em all I say ;)

Kill em all I say ;)

Agreed!

I can see myself becoming one of those people that the neighbours think is obsessed with washing their car.

I only picked up my new car last week and I can't bear to see it dirty!

Haha! I'm already one of them people! I can't stand seeing dirt on my car, I wash it religiously every Saturday - without fail -.- I'm even contemplating getting a car cover. I really need to get out more...

Agreed!

I can see myself becoming one of those people that the neighbours think is obsessed with washing their car.

I only picked up my new car last week and I can't bear to see it dirty!

Don't worry, the novelty soon wears off, particularly in the winter when it's freezing cold. :wacko:

Haha! I'm already one of them people! I can't stand seeing dirt on my car, I wash it religiously every Saturday - without fail -.- I'm even contemplating getting a car cover. I really need to get out more...

Before I could drive I used to take the mick out of the guy who lived over the road from me, every Sunday he washed and polished his car even when it looked clean to me! I now live back in that same road, and it's now me washing my car once a week!

The car cover is a bit much though hun :lol:

Don't worry, the novelty soon wears off, particularly in the winter when it's freezing cold. :wacko:

Yes I can see this happening. Least there are less skyrats about in the winter though :)

Before I could drive I used to take the mick out of the guy who lived over the road from me, every Sunday he washed and polished his car even when it looked clean to me! I now live back in that same road, and it's now me washing my car once a week!

The car cover is a bit much though hun :lol:

Yes I can see this happening. Least there are less skyrats about in the winter though :)

I'm not that bad polishing it every week :P just a quick wash and as you say when it starts raining and is like 2 degrees out the car will go dirty I'm not that determined to have a clean car :D

I'm not that bad polishing it every week :P just a quick wash and as you say when it starts raining and is like 2 degrees out the car will go dirty I'm not that determined to have a clean car :D

I always remove bird crap immediately regardless of weather. :P

Same here! I meant washing the car properly I won't do when it's raining and cold, it's acidic birds poo isn't it so it you leave it over time it wears away the paint work

Until I got this car, I have always had a really old car so it's only now I am worrying about the paintwork!

When my car gets pooped on it's not just one or two blobs, it looks like a whole blimin flock have aimed purposely at my clean car and not my neighbours bluey/purple and silver mucky cars which are only parked a couple of feet away!! :angry: Doesn't help the fact there's trees next to our drives but why aim for my car and not theirs!? :(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club