Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help And Advise 2008 Fiesta Style Climate 1.25

butty

just bought this fiesta with 17k on clock , when the engine is cold and you start the engine there is a tapping noise for about a minute if i set off within this time you can really hear it, then it just goes away? Also there is a whining noise from the cluch until you deppres it then that goes away

sounds to me like it has either not enough oil in it so the tappets don't get enough oil when the car is started that's when you get the tappet noise, best to check oil level and if you have just got the car change the oil and see if that helps, as for the whining noise sounds like the clutch bearing is getting noisy should be ok i had one that made same noise as you have described, i only changed it after i had to change the clutch which was about 2 years of driving after it first started making the whining noise hope this helps :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club