• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Name: Jordan
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk2.5 [08-10]
  • Year: 2008

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

Hello Folks,

Sorry to bring up USB again but,

I have being doing a bit of research on the subject, and from what iv read, would i be right in sayng that if i bought a Sony DAB stereo, and if i fitted a Ford bluetooth/VC module [that i could connect a USB lead to] i would be able to play music from a USB stick? I quite fancy having the handsfree working in the car too...

or

If i bought one of the Sat-Nav units, are you able to take a USB lead direct from the back of that to the glovebox/centre console, or does that need to go via the Buetooth/VC module aswell? This is the more expensive option because although the units are +/- the same price on Ebay, i cant reall afford to 'learn from my mistakes' when it comes to fitting etc..

One last one, would this [http://www.xcarlink....6&cat=19&page=1] work with the Sony DAB unit, it says on the site that it works with the ordinary 6000CD unit, so why not the Sony unit?!

I'm asking this becuase i really want to be-able to play USB in my car, but im not that experienced in DIY and like everyone else just now, i have lmited £££...

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 TDCiST

TDCiST

No Smoke No Poke... Unless you have a DPF!

• 1,681 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec S 1.6 TDCi
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

if all you want to do is play USB... have a look here! http://www.ford-musi...anual MBX01.pdf

or here http://www.fordowner...-usb-music-box/

Ford FINIS number: 1746768

Hope that helps....

#3 jordan_macgregor

jordan_macgregor

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Name: Jordan
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk2.5 [08-10]
  • Year: 2008

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

Aye cheers for the links, i think i'll definitely consider the music box...can you order it straight from the dealer?

I think i still fancy etting a 'posher' head unit though...

Thanks again,

#4 TDCiST

TDCiST

No Smoke No Poke... Unless you have a DPF!

• 1,681 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec S 1.6 TDCi
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:40 PM

Yeah, straight from the dealer, its offered as a dealer retro fit now. But i fitted myself.

I looked into a new headunit, but decided as i had the voice control, bluetooth etc already it wasnt worth it. The unit cost me about £80.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users