Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zetec_s

New Fiesta audio system needs to be "on" for active bluetooth?

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

We have a 2009 Fiesta with Bluetooth and USB. I have managed to pair a number of different phones and all copy the phonebook automatically and send and receive calls fine when the audio system is "on".

Here's my question: my girlfriend was driving and I called her but she said she never heard the phone ring through the car. She had the audio system off. I've since discovered the radio system needs to be "on" for the blue bluetooth light to be lit and for calls to be made and received using the car's bluetooth. Is this how the system is designed to work? Our other car has bluetooth (non-Ford) and the phone pairs with the car on starting the engine and the radio doesn't need to be on to make and receive calls using the car's bluetooth.

Maybe the answer is in the manual but I haven't read it yet!! :blink:

Help appreciated!

Thanks

Yup, as far as I can tell on mine the system must be ON for the car to 'bond' with the phone