Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1500 Mile Check Up

zebra

So I have had my nice new zetec for just over a month now and I'm reaching the 1500 mile mark.

The dealer I bought it from mentioned something about a free check up at 1500 miles. What does this include and is it worth getting it done?? Just wondering.

Thanks

Hi Zebra

I think it is worth getting done especially if there are a few niggling problems that you want sorting like rattling etc etc

Get them to update the PCM and ECU Calibrations while it is in there and also get the tracking etc done.

Does the steering wobble at over 60+

Jamie

Mine wobbles at 60+, was told nothing of a checkup, at 13k nearly now. Lol.

The 1500 mile thing is just a quick check over. I got mine checked - at least then if something breaks it looks more like you look after your car and might get more favourable treatment in any warranty claim.

If it wobbled why did you not say anything are you a church mouse i cannot hear you

Jamie

Only really noticed it today if honest.

Oh Alright i will let you off mate. Tyre wear is a contributary factor of wheel wobble or balance weights which are now stick on for alloys falling off

Jamie

hi,

can't say i have noticed anything untoward at 60 +, and I've done a fair few of the 1500 on mways and major roads so i should have picked up on anything obvious. To be honest I'm still getting used to it, but I am loving it in comparison to my old 53 reg!

I am most likely going to get it checked - its free so can't hurt, (as long as they dont sting me with anything). I was mainly wondering what they do as its a faff to get from the garage to work...

As Cxolin mentioned, at least it shows i am trying to look after the car

i agree Zebra

Im sure the car is fine mate

I was only saying if you are aware of anything you think is untoward now is the time to tell them.

Especially interior problems as your interior is only warranted for the 1st year

Jamie

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club