Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Urgent Reply Needed! May Of Bought Wrong Filter!

jnb1

Hey all,

I'm slightly confused concerning the MK of my car, as I just this second perchased an aftermarket air filter for a MK5 fiesta. However, I'm starting to fear that I may of bought the wrong one! (fail!). My car is a 52 plate (picture attached), so could someone tell me what MK my car is, as some say MK4 whilst others state MK5. So confused! Also, is the airbox for this model in the engine bay, or is it it behind the passenger kickplate as someone told me?

285635_3970084619864_89884347_n.jpg

Thanks

Josh :)

It will be in your engine bay any I thought this was the mk6 but I'm not sure

Cheers for the reply. I bought my filter from eurocarparts.com, and they ask you to enter your reg, so they can show you what parts will fit your car etc, so I bought was I believed to be a compatible part......

Most people will class that car as a MK6 (2002-2005)

Though as the MK5 was technically only a facelift and should have been the MK4.5 yours can also be known as a MK5.

Best to go by year rather than MK as it's an unofficial thing anyway, Ford don't recognise the MK system.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion :). Are induction kits worth fitting on the MK5/6? I heard that many of the kits can suffer from heat soak fairly badly, despite having a heat shield etc.... I'm looking to get a bit more torque from the engine, as (it just be me), the 1.4 seems to have a bit of a flat spot at about 2k revs..

It is indeed a mk6.

Mk1 1977-1983 Mk2 1983-1988 Mk3 1989-1996 MK4 1996-1999 MK5 1999-2002 Mk6 2002-2005 Mk6.5 2005-2008 Mk7 2008-

Jamie

p.s you may have purchased a filter for a mk5 compare the sizes of the filters and then you will know

I would expect a flat spot around 2k RPM, there's not much poke that low in the rev range on a petrol, especially on a low power engine. As for the induction kit, I'd say it's pointless, you're gonna get the heat soak because of where the box is, only option is a Pipercross Viper-like kit, though I see them as just being high priced junk if honest, unless you're running a lot of power, you're gonna notice no difference; you might think you do because it sounds louder and you'll probably floor it more, but in reality you'll have like, 1bhp tops extra, or loose due to heat soak.

Remember you needa cold air feed

Jamie

Cheers for the input guys. So is it worth getting an aftermarket filter for the MK6? I'm trying to sqeeuze some more poke out of the engine. Anyone got any ideas?

Remap after you have at least installed a better exhaust (there is another thread on the exhaust topic.)

Correctly set up a cold air feed and the performance filter will have a balanced air flow.

Extreme upgrades (Sports cat) (Camshaft) (Supercharger)

if you have money to burn.

Other than that save your money up for a last of the line Fiesta MK6 ST (2.0 litre Duratec 150BHP)

Always remember that if increasing the power your car produces always upgrade your brakes to match

Jamie

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club