Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Steering

Jamiemcl1984

Hi there, I apologise if I am asking this in the wrong place, I a new member and searched for a similar question/answers but couldn't find it,

I have a 56 focus petrol 1.6, i have noticed the steering is very heavy, I checked tyre pressure and power steering fluids etc, I noticed some diesel models have steering settings e.g comfort sport etc, is there any way to lighten my steering?

Check that the auxiliary belt is not slipping and also the colour of the power steering fluid. If it is very dark it may need changing.

Hi there, I apologise if I am asking this in the wrong place, I a new member and searched for a similar question/answers but couldn't find it,

I have a 56 focus petrol 1.6, i have noticed the steering is very heavy, I checked tyre pressure and power steering fluids etc, I noticed some diesel models have steering settings e.g comfort sport etc, is there any way to lighten my steering?

The adjustable steering I think is on the later cars above 1.8 Ltr with electric power steering.

Thanks for responding.

I will check the auxiliary belt/colour of fluid.

Do you think I should take it to a garage? I am a new driver so still learning as I go.

If your'e not sure, take it to a mechanic. Just be careful if you are messing about in the engine bay, especially if the engine is running. Keep fingers, ties, etc. well away from moving parts, especially the auxiliary belt.

I went into settings and it doesn't have the steering settings that allow me to put on comfort

I went into settings and it doesn't have the steering settings that allow me to put on comfort

That,s because the 1.6 doesn't have electric hydraulic steering.

The focus steering is quite heavy compared to most modern cars anyways as it was designed for a more sporty drive then the astra golf etc the focus has very wide tyres as standard and is quite heavy so will also make the steering heavier.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club