• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Rudd

Chris Rudd

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:34 AM

i have changed a engine from an r reg fiesta to a t reg fiesta and no have no spark from the coil i have put a meter on the plug and am getting 12 volt on the middle pin and 4. something on the outer ones when cranking the engine some one has told me i have to change the flywheel as the postion of the crank sensor points could be different is this correct i was hoping not to pull the gearbox out again the fly wheels looked the same by eye when we connected them has anyone got any ideas
well its not the flywheel as we changed it yesterday only to find it was the same so ive now ruled that out i did not change ecu as of yet
i changed the coil pack from a another fiesta i have and both are working as i put the coil pack from the fiesta with no spark into the other car it works fine so i can rule that out too
my aim today is to get an another ecu but before that im going to try a different key i have for the care im wondering maybe the key is not sending to the ecu its just a thought though i cant see that but at the mo ill try anything
also i presume that if the coil pack has power getting to it it CANT be the immobiliser can it, what do u think as the little red light on the clock goes out so i think thats ok
the fuel pump is wirring as i turn on the ignition so that seems fine
also when i changed the engine, the loom that went to the injectors and and coil pack and the trottle sensor the connection was different where u connect it to the bulk head on my car i has a square connector block, the one on the engine had a round one so i changed that i cant see that making a difference can you?
could the ecu be fried now this is what someone has mentioned after the engine change

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 swhite87

swhite87

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Name: sebastian
  • Ford Model: Focus MK1 1.8 16V zeec
  • Year: 2001

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

have you checked the earth going to the block????

#3 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,759 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:32 PM

is the crank sensor the same type/position?

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users