Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knock Knock

nofinchance

Has anyone else experianced a fault my car has got? Its a mk6 fiesta 1.4 tdci. It has started to go knock knock knock in a steady pattern like a trapped gnome is under the rear seat with a little hammer! it only does it once in a while as though it is some loose trim catching the wind.I have had the car up and checked for loose or broken parts and found nothing? It is a steady bang bang bang for a few seconds then stops then may not happen again for days.Any ideas what it could be? Do i need a mechanic or and exorcist :wacko:

Excorcist I think lol.

Does it knock on slightly uneven road surfaces? I am assuming its when you are driving it.

If so its likely to be the suspension top mounts. Its not a problem, just very annoying.

Thanks for the reply.The ghost in my boot knocks on any road surface at any random time then wont make a sound for days? I found that the heat sheild around the fuel tank was a bit loose so cable tied it down but no results.I have noticed that the noise is often preceded by a chirrup type noise from the dash board area and only at or around 50 mph.Its all very wierd i am getting a mechanic to look at it and will let you know what he can find.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club