Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

TOMSK65

S Max Cruise Control Problem

4 posts in this topic

I have a 2.0 TDi Titanium 6 Speed Manual which has lately developed a fault. When I try to use the cruise control it sometimes works and other times it doesn't for example when I press the activate button as soon as I press the + button it turns off! and other times it works without a problem. I don't do too much motorway driving so I haven't noticed it before now. The car was recently serviced and MOT'd where i was advised that my front brake pads were low, could this be the cause or is it more likely a faulty clock spring in the steering wheel?

Anyone have this same fault that could give me some advice? Obviously I will get the front pads changed in the next few weeks.

are you trying to activate it above 30mph ?

im sure ive tead somewhere it has to be above something like that?

i know the old galaxys used to be that.

Cruise control problems are often related to the ABS sensors / reluctor rings.

I had the exact problem with my S-Max cruise control cutting out when you pressed + or - buttons. Frustrating.

Dealer diagnosed a faulty steering wheel switch assembly - fixed for £125!

Hope this helps.