Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad Brakes

Jack7

Alright everyone, I know that many people have complained about the mk7's brakes not being the best but recently I think there could be something up with mine, when im braking i dont really feel them in any way until my foot has pushed the brake pedal nearly all the way to the floor, and i seem to glide to a stop more often than not.

Yous reckon its something I should get checked out or is this what every1 else feels theirs is like?

Cheers fellas!

Alright everyone, I know that many people have complained about the mk7's brakes not being the best but recently I think there could be something up with mine, when im braking i dont really feel them in any way until my foot has pushed the brake pedal nearly all the way to the floor, and i seem to glide to a stop more often than not.

Yous reckon its something I should get checked out or is this what every1 else feels theirs is like?

Cheers fellas!

When was the brake fluid last checked/replaced?

Well its an 09 plate but i only bought it in december & it was serviced then so possibly then?

If you pump the brake pedal up and down quickly does the brake pedal come back up and also become firm ?

If so there could be air in the system, if so there is probably a fluid leak on a brake cylinder, as posted above check brake fluid level.

Yeah it does! Cuz sometimes i need to press it let go press it let go a few times to stop sharper & this makes the brake pedal go firm.

Check for leaks and then get a bleed and top up.

Brakes should work right first time every time.

Well i dont think its leaking cuz it'd be leaving little puddles on my drive but ill check to see if it needs topped up tomorrow then book it into a garage to get bled :). Any ideas on how much itll roughly cost?

It may not be a case of fluid getting out, more a case of air getting in.

Took my car to my local garage today they said my brakes were working fine but i still dont understand why theres so much travel in my brake pedal :/

Took my car in a few weeks ago to have the brakes looked at. Wasn't expecting much but they confirmed a fault, bred all the brakes & adjusted rear brake shoes - brakes are much better now! ;)

Took my car in a few weeks ago to have the brakes looked at. Wasn't expecting much but they confirmed a fault, bred all the brakes & adjusted rear brake shoes - brakes are much better now! ;)

I might take it somewhere else for a second opinion in that case! Cuz im sure mind need bled haha

I might take it somewhere else for a second opinion in that case! Cuz im sure mind need bled haha

Credit to Arnold Clark, the service was excellent!

FEZ123 -2010 Fiesta Zetec S

1.6 Ti-VCT AND YOU HAVE REAR SHOES YOU GOT TO BE JOKING!

Drums rule! :lol:

I have had brake problems since the 2nd service. When I took it back for the 3rd service, I was told that several fiesta's where in for "spongy" brakes, seems to be OK for the time being.

I have had brake problems since the 2nd service. When I took it back for the 3rd service, I was told that several fiesta's where in for "spongy" brakes, seems to be OK for the time being.

Were they able to do anything to make them less spongy? I want mine sorted! :(

I nearly headbutted the window when they sorted it, I'm used to it now though. Before I had to pump the pedal as if it had a air lock. Fingers crossed it will be OK, as it's now out of service.

What did they di to sort yours? Bleed them? :)