Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Think I May Have To Resign...

DanGull

DUM DUM DUM!!

By the end of the week, I will not be a Ford owner :mellow:

I will be <shhhh> a Seat owner.

The letter from Ford to say that my Options is about to come to an end came through the letter box a few days ago - so off I trotted to see what Ford could offer me, specifically - what info they could give about the new Focus ST.

The answer to this - absolutely none. One salesman didn't even know it was out. They phoned a few other dealers to see if they had one, and they didn't. Cue them trying to sell me a Focus Titanium, which I had already made clear I wasn't interested in as the looks of the standard car just don't do it for me.

So - next stop, Seat. The dealer was amazing - very knowledgable about their products and only too willing to help. I have always liked the look of the Leon and tok the opportunity to drive three models:

2.0 litre 170ps diesel

2.0 litre 211ps petrol

2.0 litre 265ps Cupra R.

The Cupra was MENTAL. If I was buying with heart alone, this would have been the one - but I pretty much decided that the 211 petrol was a good compromise between sporty feel and better fuel economy.

That is, until the salesman put some figures together. He had 8 'special rate' diesels available to him with £3K off, so with the added bonus of 55mpg it was just too good to pass up.

So, for £15K (which works out as a lower monthly payment than my Fiesta) I've got 2.0 litre diesel FR+ model in black, loaded with everything I could want (except my beloved keyless entry :blink: ) including satnav. I also got three years servicing, the alloy pedal covers, a full tank of diesel ( :wacko: ) and GAP insurance. Very pleased with that.

I await the abuse and things being thrown... :unsure:

Good luck with your seat adventures! With an offer like that, I would of bitten his arm off (if I hadn't already purchased a zetec). Hope you still hang around though :)

Good luck Dan. Previous car i had was a 170FR Leon although the fiesta is a nicer drive but i do miss the power and turbo. Had a couple of minor things needing sorting but then people started to get injector problems so decided to get rid of it. yours will have the upgraded injectors so no worrys there. Very knowledgeable bunch of guys at http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136

Good times, It will put a smile on your face :)

Good luck :)

I'm currently moving back from owning a seat leon Fr Diesel (10 plate) - Ibiza Cupra (60plate - current car)

to a Fiesta S1600

basically Seat have really good engines and the power in both cars i've owned have been insane, but my reason for moving back to good old ford is the QUALITY and RELIABILITY :)

had to take both cars back so many times and the interior quality on the ibiza is shocking thin cheap plastic. but with the leon it was better but still in my opinion not as good as fords.

But I wish you the best of luck and a better time than I had with SEAT :)

I had a Leon on an 06 plate, had a minor niggle with the paint at 2 year old which was fixed under warranty no bother. It was the bast car I have owned, enjoy!

Sounds like a great deal you got there Dan :D . More fool the Ford dealer for not being up to date with the release of the Focus ST & thus losing a potential sale. You would think that Ford would ensure that their dealers were provided with full details of new models long before their release :rolleyes: .

Good luck with the Seat & make sure you post some pictures when you get it.

if you havent already join seatcupra.net. A good forum i'm hanging around there

Great move, quite jealous!

As said, seatcupra.net is a very good forum, i was on there years ago when i wanted to buy an Ibiza as my first car

The FR does sound like a good all rounder and a great deal too. Hope you enjoy your new Seat adventure and may it bring you as much happiness as your Fez! :)

Sounds like a cracking deal and im not surprised you went for it.

That's a swear word on here Dan :lol: Will you be sticking round on here from time to time?

I'm also surprised the VAG group have not developed their own keyless system yet! Seem to be falling behind on that front.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club