Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 1.6Tdci - 25,000 Mile Service

tomo2001

Just had second service at 25,000 in 11 months.

After initial teething troubles with stop/start not operating, I'm pleased to say no other issues to report. Had tyres replaced all round at approx. 22,500 miles but nothing else, not even had to top up oil between services.

Still a pleasure to drive but fuel economy could be better. Paintwork holding up well compared with my previous Civic which had paint made from chocolate.

Hi Mate, out of interest what mpg are you getting at 25k?

Hi Mate, out of interest what mpg are you getting at 25k?

Hi Jack. I reset my trip after the first service and over the last 12.5k miles the fuel computer is stuck bang on 50.0mpg. This is with a mix of roads but most of the miles are on the motorway.

Noticed that best fuel economy is deffo achieved on 'A' roads with national speed limit travelling between 50-60mph. Once you do motorway speeds the economy drops considerably. Equally the mpg is not so good if you are doing 'round town' driving.

Im getting 48-49 mpg but thats driving like granny I've done just over 6k and yeah your right about motorway driving, I try to stick to 65-70. A roads are the best I was expecting better from a 6 speed box my old 09 tdci 1.6 DPF same 60 miles journey to and from work I was getting 53-55!

What's yours been like for interior rattles and creeks?

Im getting 48-49 mpg but thats driving like granny I've done just over 6k and yeah your right about motorway driving, I try to stick to 65-70. A roads are the best I was expecting better from a 6 speed box my old 09 tdci 1.6 DPF same 60 miles journey to and from work I was getting 53-55!

What's yours been like for interior rattles and creeks?

Rattle and Creak free, dashboard creaked a bit in the early days on the passenger side but stopped all of a sudden ??

Rattle and Creak free, dashboard creaked a bit in the early days on the passenger side but stopped all of a sudden ??

I guess whatever was rattling fell off then... :lol: :lol:

Hi, can I ask, if you know, how much the servicing has cost?

Cheers,

Chris

Ive got 72 mpg out my last 2 tanks of bp ultimate on my focus 1.6 tdci its done 86k :) when its had 87.5 k service and 4 mitchelin energy savers put on i home it will go up even more :)

Hi, can I ask, if you know, how much the servicing has cost?

Cheers,

Chris

No idea Chris, company car.

Ive got 72 mpg out my last 2 tanks of bp ultimate on my focus 1.6 tdci its done 86k :) when its had 87.5 k service and 4 mitchelin energy savers put on i home it will go up even more :)

Driving at 20mph ??

Nope i go 60 mph alot , just being light on the throttle not exceding 2,000 rpm and not braking excessively and dipping clutch and rolling whenever i can :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club