stevebower

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec
  • Year: 1999

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

Resurrecting an old topic, I've checked and sealed the bulkhead, but am getting a leak from the sill hole just behind the door pillar:

missing plug

am I safe blocking this up, or even filling the sill with foam? I don't have a sunroof btw - I found it while I was washing out the wheel arches with a hose.

Cheers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 bootsy

bootsy

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Name: Ian
  • Ford Model: Zetec 1.5 Td Econetic
  • Year: 2013

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

I use to get this problem on one of our previous cars (not a Fiesta), heavy rain and it would get soaked in three of the four footwells. It was very hard to find were it was coming from but i found it, behind the door trims is a piece of plastic that is sealed on to the car when the car is new but it must of had work done on the three doors and the seal had been brocken and then just taped back on, the tape had failed and the water ran down the plastic, then the bottom of the door and then into the footwells. I tried making up new plastic`s and stuck them on with silicon and they still leaked, in the end i found taping the top and taping the bottom but having the bottom edge of the plastic inside the door stoped it. I know that it seams as though your problems are with a seam but just thought that i would put this here incase it may help some one.

#18 stevebower

stevebower

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

Thanks. Its a useful tip. I'm definitely getting water coming 'up' though - it only happens when driving

#19 shazza01

shazza01

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: sharon
  • Ford Model: ford fiesta
  • Year: 2009

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

hi all just been looking this up, i took have a 09 feista  and you have guessed it, i too have a leaking footwell but mines in the back passenger, its been looked at 2 times already by ford and 1st time they said they sealed up and it happened again took it back, they said they sorted it, ow had to take it again, for the 3 rd time as its worse than ever, and it goes in next week for 2 days,ive only had it 7 months they tried to blagg it by saying it not under warrenty but now they have looked at it ive been told they are to sort it,

#20 stevebower

stevebower

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

If you can, would you be able to have Ford identify the position of the leak fix so we can try our own bodges?

Cheers

#21 shazza01

shazza01

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

will tell you excatly what the problem is when it goes in, and what they had done to it, but i will say this the guy @ ford garage wasnt suprised i wasback.....

#22 stevebower

stevebower

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

Yes - they're more like a Ford Fishtank ;)

#23 shazza01

shazza01

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

lol, that they are  :)

#24 stevebower

stevebower

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

Bit of progress:
The sill hole previously identified has a 'bung' on the passenger side, so mine was missing. I siliconed a replacement in & this has sorted the drivers leak!
The passenger leak is either the bulkhead, or the large cable grommet. I've siliconed these so will advise. Having to drive around with no dashboard to test!
By the way, does anyone know what the small black 'bags of sponge' are, tucked inside the base of the A pillars? Seems designed to hold water against the metal.
Cheers

#25 stevebower

stevebower

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:18 PM

Ps also discovered that the wet in the rear foot wells was running through the channels under the seat crossmember. Have siliconed those too to check

#26 shazza01

shazza01

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

well mines gone into ford dealers today, the guy was a total d**k.....made out i should be gratefull hes going to pay for it as its not covered by the 3 year warenty i took out, i explain or tried to that this is a common thing etc etc, and tried to voice my concerns and he says it fixable omg wished i never bothered with ford now after all thats only cars i would have, so its back wednesday 

#27 stevebower

stevebower

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

For what its worth, currently driving round like this:   :wacko:

interior

so, I've sealed with silicone here:
Left Bulkhead:
L bulkhead

Right bulkhead:
R bulkhead

and replaced the heater box gasket:
heater Box

have replaced the bung & fixed another here:
driver floor

but I can still find a leak inside here:
grommet

So remaining is to seal up the cable grommet. Note the amp power lead for my stereo which added to the leak  :(

#28 stevebower

stevebower

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

Ok I *think* its sorted!

Sealed as before, and also think that 1 leak was coming in through the courtesy-light switch - the roof rubber seal stops just above, and there was definitely water getting in to the A pillar.

What I DID do though was install a Damp-Proof course!:

Damp Proof course

I made a small hole in the sealing bungs in the floor pans, so if water does get in, it has somewhere to go. the carpet though should be kept dry.

Lets see how we get on in the winter!

#29 water leak

water leak

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: audrey
  • Ford Model: fiesta
  • Year: 2010

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

Hi, i have joined this forum to help others about this issue, i have had the same issue with my 60 plate Zetec Fiesta, i did not know there was an issue until there was a smell in the car like " Cat Pee" i eventually found where the smell was coming from, the drivers side footwell carpet. The weird thing is the carpet was bone dry on the top, when i looked at the chassis number i could see the floor was wet and the smell was a lot stronger. When the carpet was lifted up, the soundproofing was saturated a lot of water near the pillar on the right hand side. i went back to the main dealer who was not very helpful saying it was probably coming from the pollen filter as it had been serviced, but not with them, but a reputable garage at a fraction of the cost, they said the filter housing had been disturbed, Over a few days i managed to dry it out using newspaper, then it rained hard and it was soaked again. i went back to the main dealer who advised me to go to their bodyshop but advised me if a seam had a leak, they were only covered for the first 12 months, what a joke! So i armed myself with some info that i had printed from 4 seperate websites including these from FOC, clearly proving there is an issue with water leaks on the fiesta, if you push hard on the carpet behind the drivers seat i had a small puddle of water coming through. The guy who checked my car told me exactly what the issue was, open up the bonnet, and check where the hinge area is on the drivers side, look to the left and there is a small seam that is not filled up correctly, the water runs into that, fills the pillar with water flooding your car with water. When i pointed out that i had evidence to prove their is a fault, they agreed to sort it out, free of charge. This proves to me they know its a fault with the fiesta, as i have read other owners had issues with various leaks. I have a photo of the problem area which i can attach when i set up a Photobucket account. I know this is longwinded but i am hoping this will help others, i think it is disgusting that when you buy a brand new car leaks are only covered for the first 12 months, i wonder how many people pay main dealers to put this fault right? Print this thread off and take it as evidence, the main dealer should accept it is fault with production, if not give Ford Customer relations a call on 0845 841 1111, i have heard they are very good contacting main dealers who are not helpful, always worth a mention to the dealer when talking about this issue,

Hope this helps, thanks for the other members who had already added info on this issue, it really helped me out. B-)

Hi, i have joined this forum to help others about this issue, i have had the same issue with my 60 plate Zetec Fiesta, i did not know there was an issue until there was a smell in the car like " Cat Pee" i eventually found where the smell was coming from, the drivers side footwell carpet. The weird thing is the carpet was bone dry on the top, when i looked at the chassis number i could see the floor was wet and the smell was a lot stronger. When the carpet was lifted up, the soundproofing was saturated a lot of water near the pillar on the right hand side. i went back to the main dealer who was not very helpful saying it was probably coming from the pollen filter as it had been serviced, but not with them, but a reputable garage at a fraction of the cost, they said the filter housing had been disturbed, Over a few days i managed to dry it out using newspaper, then it rained hard and it was soaked again. i went back to the main dealer who advised me to go to their bodyshop but advised me if a seam had a leak, they were only covered for the first 12 months, what a joke! So i armed myself with some info that i had printed from 4 seperate websites including these from FOC, clearly proving there is an issue with water leaks on the fiesta, if you push hard on the carpet behind the drivers seat i had a small puddle of water coming through. The guy who checked my car told me exactly what the issue was, open up the bonnet, and check where the hinge area is on the drivers side, look to the left and there is a small seam that is not filled up correctly, the water runs into that, fills the pillar with water flooding your car with water. When i pointed out that i had evidence to prove their is a fault, they agreed to sort it out, free of charge. This proves to me they know its a fault with the fiesta, as i have read other owners had issues with various leaks. I have a photo of the problem area which i can attach when i set up a Photobucket account. I know this is longwinded but i am hoping this will help others, i think it is disgusting that when you buy a brand new car leaks are only covered for the first 12 months, i wonder how many people pay main dealers to put this fault right? Print this thread off and take it as evidence, the main dealer should accept it is fault with production, if not give Ford Customer relations a call on 0845 841 1111, i have heard they are very good contacting main dealers who are not helpful, always worth a mention to the dealer when talking about this issue,

Hope this helps, thanks for the other members who had already added info on this issue, it really helped me out. B-)

#30 water leak

water leak

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: audrey
  • Ford Model: fiesta
  • Year: 2010

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:33 PM

Ford are not interested that there ford fiesta zetec clearly have a design problem. Would not recommend any one buys a ford fiesta. After sales service is the worst l have come across. They just like to take your money and hide behind warranty. Car should be built to last

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users