Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Spider Brake Lights & Brodit Charger/cradle Update

iNath

Quick update with a cosmetic and a conveince mod.

First up is the LED spider tail lights. Very hard to take photos of LEDs, they don't do it justice.

dscf1638r.jpg

dscf1783k.jpg

dscf1785b.jpg

And I've recently upgraded to a HTC One X so it was time to change my Brodit charging cradle.

dscf1825g.jpg

dscf1819f.jpg

As the phone has NFC (Google it :P) built in I've bought some tags, stuck one to the cradle and programmed it to launch bluetooth (to connect to stereo) and open car dashboard like so:

dscf1830t.jpg

dscf1828k.jpg

dscf18152.jpg

As the phone has NFC (Google it :P) built in I've bought some tags, stuck one to the cradle and programmed it to launch Bluetooth (to connect to stereo) and open car dashboard like so:

I know exactly what you mean, i recently got the Sony Xperia S and it has tags for it.

Got mine set for bluetooth, satnav, internet radio to play Absolute 80's and set the phone to read out texts for me.

Saves pushing buttons and fiddling around.

i recently got the Sony Xperia S

I was also about to get one ;)

I was also about to get one ;)

Phone is excellent but battery life could be a bit better.

Honestly I was never a big Sony fan, plus I did not really like the plastic cover from the back. Anyway, the Xperia is a great phone but I've decided to go for the Motorola Razr.

Love the phone set up, how did you get the power to the cradle, where did you route the wire?

Love the phone set up, how did you get the power to the cradle, where did you route the wire?

Almost took the whole dash apart, lol. It goes down between the dash and pillar, across the top of the drivers footwell, behind the heating controls to the back of the passenger glovebox where an additional cig lighter has been wired in.

How did you get those spider lights through the holes nath? they look pretty good.

The 'legs' on spring hinges

EK-3157-SMD41W-3.gif

Hi, that looks really good. Any chance of a daytime snap or two of the tail/brake bulbs? I’ve been on the lookout for some bright bulbs, the brighter the better and ideally LED. I was rear ended a few months back and want to be well seen.

I've tried various LED Bulbs and few have come close or even matched the standard bulbs for brightness. I’ve currently got some Philips Vision Plus bulbs and they’re pretty good, certainly faster and brighter than the stock Ford bulbs.

I spotted the fan LED Bulbs on eBay and like them, they look great on yours but I wouldn’t mind your thoughts on how they compare to normal bulbs.

• 1 month later...

Hi, did you red or white spiderlites?

You would want red for brake lights

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1439.l2649

Hi Nath, really like these bulbs and like the idea of NOT being rear ended! Was gonna them (yes we are ALL copying you again! ) What is cable fitments like? Straight swap or botching required?

Hi Nath, really like these bulbs and like the idea of NOT being rear ended! Was gonna them (yes we are ALL copying you again! ) What is cable fitments like? Straight swap or botching required?

Cable fitment? Botching?! You replace the bulb not botch anything! :P

Cable fitment? Botching?! You replace the bulb not botch anything! :P

I meant bulb fitment :P

So it's a direct replacement then? You don't have to rewire the bulb holder etc?

I meant bulb fitment :P

So it's a direct replacement then? You don't have to rewire the bulb holder etc?

Just as simple as changing any other bulb ;)

Just as simple as changing any other bulb ;)

Awesomeballs!

What about these as an option to the Spider LED Bulbs

http://bit.ly/O1eMAl

These are LED for side lights and 7W Cree for brake. These should be a lot brighter than SMD LED's

What about these as an option to the Spider LED bulbs

http://bit.ly/O1eMAl

These are LED for side lights and 7W Cree for brake. These should be a lot brighter than SMD LED's

Try it and let us know ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club