Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Projector Puddle Lights That Shine Ford On The Ground!!

Lenny

I really have to get myself two sets of these,

fit under the doors and shine the ford logo in full colour on to the ground when the door is opened. :o

Quality!! sFun_crazydance.gif

http://www.ebay.co.u...5950%26_rdc%3D1

also see here:

http://www.aliexpres...e-shipping.html :wub:

12-38.jpgCapture2.png

Capture3.png

Capture.png:wub:

Capture7.png

Ive just thought, if one of these was fitted to the inside of the boot panel then the logo would be huge by the time it beamed on the ground,

ill do a fitting guide when i purchase them, but if others purchase before me please upload pictures.

Now your just showing off

lol i havent purchased a set of them yet but im really looking foward to it :D

logo-projecting2.jpg

Wow they do look cool , so who's going to be first lol

nice gott get em

I’ve read up on these and apparently the light unit that is fitted inside of the housing is manufactured by Cree so they are bound to last a long time because Cree are a well-known light manufacturer based in America manufacturing all types of high lumen led torches and diving equipment, so the only parts not made by cree are the cable, the printed image and the alluminum housing, not much could go wrong with those parts any ways lol

Ive Just found these on E-Bay for £29.99 for a pair of two with free shipping thats £40 cheaper than the inital seller

http://www.ebay.co.u...2005%26_rdc%3D1

Here is a video example of how the ford image would display:

th_MVI_9742.jpg?videoplayer=offsite?videoplayer=offsite

bump.jpg anyone else saw these ?

bump.jpg anyone else saw these ?

Surprised you haven't fitted a set by now buddy. :P

Surprised you haven't fitted a set by now buddy. :P

broke.gif maybe next month

broke.gif maybe next month

I wouldn't be surprised at all. ;)

I wouldn't be surprised at all. ;)

getmecoat.gif

• 2 months later...

By now has anyone fitted these? Was it easy to fit? Any pictures of your own mod?

• Like 1

Tempted to treat myself to some of these. Might have to wait a while though

• 10 months later...

Guys I've finally invested in a set of these puddle lights which are now in their 4th Generation sometimes pays to wait,

While out at the car today,

I decided to investigate what is involved

If I wanted to route a cable through the factory fitted grommet in the door,

I removed the glove box and surrounding panels to trace the location where the grommet enters the car but its surrounded by at least 1 inch tick padding,

So I then removed the passenger door card following the instruction of the Haynes manual,

I got the door card removed to be greeted by a galvinised panel full of bolts,

This panel must be removed to access the entrance of the grommet pipe,

IMG_20130728_195422_zps3abb5b12.jpg

I removed the bolts then referd to Haynes again for more guidance,

It says to drill out 4 rivets on the door latch holding the panel in place

Then remove the window yes the window before unbolting the electric window motor and removing the panel,

All this just to run an extra cable for puddle lights,

I've put it all back together for now,

I will fit the puddle lights but perhaps not running the cable through the factory grommets just yet as I'm not that brave to remove windows from doors just yet lol

Its a lot of plumming guys

Worth it?

Yes

But a tad extreme.

Your braver than me if you try this, good luck and post pictures when you have done them.

• Like 1

Well after 4 hours of back breaking and reaching around,

Following Haynes manual removing the front passenger window, door panel and electrics,

As well as contact with Mr_Spock via PM

I'm proud to say I've finally gotten a positive and negative feed run in to the front passenger door from the foot well

Ready for arrival of the ford logo puddle lights later in the week.

Special thanks to Mr_spock and VickiC, I couldn't have done it as easy without your help,

only down side is that I've lost a small grommet plug from the passenger side wing

But I'll contact breakers through eBay and replace.

IMG_20130730_230827_zpsb11f76f7.jpg

IMG_20130730_230901_zps65bd9b93.jpg

It is impossible to put the extra cable in through the top grommet entering the car because inside of it is a honey-combe block with cable pins, its not just a port hole,

But going out through the factory grommet in the door isint a problem,

So I've put the cable in through the door grommet,

Then out through the side of the door hose

And in through a small grommet next to the hose,

In to the passengers foot well.

I will create a guide on fitting the puddle lights and running the cable tomorrow or Friday when the puddle lights arrive,

I'll create the guide by starting with removing the drivers door panel, disconnecting plugs, removing window glass, locating grommet, insulating cable etc, all the way up to full function illumination, then putting everything back together again.

I won't be fitting any to the rear doors because its proving difficult enough on the front ones but half way there now.

For all non members of the forum; I'll post a link on this thread linking people to the guide once created ;)

looking forward to see the finished product.

• Like 1

Lenny, loving the new mod and looking forward to the result, however one question... would it be easier to slit the grommet and feed the wiring in the slit and to the door card? then the other half onto the glovebox...?

an alternate solution I wonder if it may be easier for those who are marginally more faint of heart?

looking forward to see the finished product.

Thanks Gareth,

Ive been working on the car wednesday and thursday of this week, cables are in n both front doors with female crimp terminals reasy for light fittings next week,

Ive spent from 11:30am friday to now 02:18am saturday editing and uploading images for the guide bringing it up to current status, it still needs text inserted in areas but all images are in here correct locations etc

I had the guide locked while i was working on it, but ive now opened it to public view/comment

Ill complete the guide next week all comments welcome

. http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/46244-guide-fitting-ford-projector-puddle-lights-mk2-mk25-focus-05-12-front-doors/

Lenny, loving the new mod and looking forward to the result, however one question... would it be easier to slit the grommet and feed the wiring in the slit and to the door card? then the other half onto the glovebox...?

an alternate solution I wonder if it may be easier for those who are marginally more faint of heart?

Hi jeeb,

Thanks for comments mate,

Your plan would work, but all depends on personal preference,

I personally prefer my mods to look as factory as possible thus my efforts to hide the cables from view,

But each to there own, the end result is the same regardless of cable routing So yeah would work mate.