• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 zetec
Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:06 PM

Can anyone help with how to remove the o/s front wing on a Mk 1 Focus? Looks to be just bolt in, but Haynes manual is no help...

thx!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 matty2008

matty2008

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Ford Model: 2002 focus st170
Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:38 PM

nope i've no idea how to change a wing :unsure:

#3 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,943 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:51 PM

little confused here...wing or wing mirror? if its wing mirror then matty2008 is perfectly correct.

#4 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:18 PM

Well he does say wing, so I'm guessing Matty2008 is completely incorrect.

#5 matty2008

matty2008

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:32 PM

Well he does say wing, so I'm guessing Matty2008 is completely incorrect.

who said anything about a mirror? not me! i didnt browse through the original post quickly without my glasses on and totally misread the question :wacko:

#6 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:12 AM

who said anything about a mirror? not me! i didnt browse through the original post quickly without my glasses on and totally misread the question :wacko:

Dont change your original post to try and make me look a prick, just own up you cocked up!

#7 Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 zetec
Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:10 PM

Nope, I definately said wing... not wing mirror!! ;)

It's bolt on/off - but just want to check no hidden probs before i start, esp as it's so cold outside...

#8 matty2008

matty2008

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:48 PM

Dont change your original post to try and make me look a prick, just own up you cocked up!

sorry. i thought i had done in such a tongue-in-cheek way, that anyone with half a sense of humour would realise what had happened. but i guess thats wasted on some.

#9 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:33 PM

Well you know now dont you

#10 markw

markw

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: 1999 lx
Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:26 PM

Can anyone help with how to remove the o/s front wing on a Mk 1 Focus? Looks to be just bolt in, but Haynes manual is no help...

thx!

Hi markw here, maybe able to help u, if your focus is around ayear 2000. I changed my nearside wing.
first jack up your car and take off the road wheel, then take off the the wheel liner ( plastic one piece) should be help in place by crosshead screws.
there is a couple of 10mm bolts under the front bumper take them out, open the door there is a bolt at the bottom just by the door hindges, then the bolts that run along the top of th wing under the bonnet, then just undo the wing indicator.

HOPE THIS HELPS<TOOK ME ABOUT AN HOUR MY FIRST TIME>

#11 prioryeng

prioryeng

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: andy
  • Ford Model: 03 tddi focus estate
  • Year: 2003

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

I know this is long after your wing has been changed boss hogg and thanks very much for your comments markw as I used them today when I changed the nsf wing on my 03 focus.  I guess there are still plenty of wings getting dented so hopefully this will add to what to expect - and its less daunting than maybe it sounds

anyone doing this will find once the liner is out (there is a little screwbolt also for the liner down under the sill near the bottom wing bolt)  that there are about a dozen self tap / captive nut 10mm bolts to get out, some different gauge / length so make a note of where they come from . some fiddlier than others

notably the one that is behind the washer reservoir which meant removing the bolt securing said reservoir (watch out for the nylon captive nut - the bolt was corroded and the whole lot felt so fragile i put a spanner on the square nylon captive nut ),

then holding reservoir bottle far enough to one side - not much space - , pull the black rubber padding down and out to get to that rearward facing bolt - youll need a longish extension bar for the socket - a flexible or knuckle jointed socket holder would be good to have especially when putting it back in.

there were seemingly loads of connections at the front end, 5 or 6 bolts anyhow, between bumper and frame tags but its a good little job to do , not especially complicated but needs a bit of patience, and when youre ready to tighten the top bolts get someone to push the wing firmly (but gently , its not morris oxford gauge tin :) so's you keep the bonnet wing gap nice and small

by the way if youre doing a uk near side wing ,while youre at it replace the horn which will be right in front of you - under a fiver at any scrapper - mine at least fill with water and end up sounding like a strangled cockerel not to mention failing the m.o.t  ive drilled drain holes in the bottom of the replacement !

hope this helps somebody, sorry I didn't take photos

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users