Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stange Clutch Issue (Focus Mk 2.5 1.6L)

dontmess

Got an 08 1.6 (petrol) Focus MK 2.5. The cars on about 29,000-30,000 miles, been having this issue since I bought the car on 21,000.

Ok so here is issue:

When I get in the car and begin driving and change from first to second gear, the change is fine but following the change comes a strange sound, almost like a twang or springy thud sound.

So far this hasn't seem to effect drive the car at all, but more stange is the fact that usually it only happens when I first change gear and won't occur for the other gear changes or for the rest of the time I drive the car (even if I go back into first it still doesnt happen).

The biting point on the clutch seems about average and aside from this sound it seems to be working fine.. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

This sounds like the auto anti-lock brake check taking place, if it is, this is normal on some cars and nothing to be concerned about.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club