Photo

Buying A New Focus...would Like Mod Tips :)

focus mods

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16 Aboyner

Aboyner

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Name: Aaron
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2005

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

for the S badge i would purchase a small black cable tie and a sticky back cable tie pad,
then using a dremil or a stanley blade,
trim down the pad to become a straight rectangle in vertical form,
then stick the S badge to the pad and cable tie it to the grill by putting another pad on the inside of the grill to grip it on the opposite side, this way it will sit flush on the grill. with no visible sign of the cable tie.
Posted Image

as for the exhaust tip, my exhaust tip is curved on the end to flew the exhaust gases down towards the ground and i think yours may be the same, so if you were to fit the exhaust tip on the second link above then you would need to remove the current length that comes from the rear silencer.
but the first one you linked wont fit your model correctly but here is another option that will fit your exhaust:
http://www.ebay.co.u...=item20c26aee8d

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item564a97f5d7

Thanks for the reply mate and great idea for the badge... That should work :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,665 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

Thanks for the reply mate and great idea for the badge... That should work :)

no probs,
i plan to do the same myself with a red S badge in the coming months and thats how i plan to do it too lol

#18 Aboyner

Aboyner

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

I think I'll order it soon and if I get it done I'll upload a pic so you can see how it looks :)

#19 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,665 posts
Contributor

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:37 PM

I think I'll order it soon and if I get it done I'll upload a pic so you can see how it looks :)

thats great thanks mate,
your local woodies or DIY store may be able to supply you with two of those sticky pads because you will find it hard to purchase a quantity of less than 50 on ebay lol

#20 Aboyner

Aboyner

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

thats great thanks mate,
your local woodies or DIY store may be able to supply you with two of those sticky pads because you will find it hard to purchase a quantity of less than 50 on ebay lol

Ha thanks I'm gonna look tomorrow and I'll put up the prices I get them for.

#21 Aboyner

Aboyner

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

Anyone bought and fitted one of these? did you just replace the drivers side handle with it?

http://www.ebay.ie/i...#ht_1055wt_1270

#22 GSM

GSM

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Name: Garrie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 (100PS)
  • Year: 2006

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

Definitely suggest putting on a mk2.5 high spec spoiler or an ST spoiler - very simple modification, not too expensive, easy for a novice, don't need many tools, and it makes the car look about 100 times better.

I also see that lots of your trim is not body-coloured (the plastic strips along the doors, the plastic underneath and above the rear bumpber, the plastic strips along the top of the front fog light surround. I have a mk2 1.6 Ghia in Panther Black which thankfully came with EVERYTHING (except, for some reason, the original mk2 spoiler) body-coloured, and I'm really thankful for that because it looks a lot better than that grey plastic trim everywhere.

#23 GSM

GSM

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

Anyone bought and fitted one of these? did you just replace the drivers side handle with it?

http://www.ebay.ie/i...#ht_1055wt_1270

My Ghia came with that too - and yes, just replaces the drivers side handle.

#24 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,217 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

That particular one is designed for cars without driver side handle.
I know this as I have one from that seller.
If you want one to replace a handle, I have one available, a unused ST unit in black.
£17 inc postage.
PM me if that suits you and we'll organise a paypal transfer and delivery address.

Posted Image

#25 gc88

gc88

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Name: Gav
  • Ford Model: Zetec S 2.0
  • Year: 2009

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

no probs,
i plan to do the same myself with a red S badge in the coming months and thats how i plan to do it too lol

Hi Lenny mate,

I've got the same S badge from ebay, but in red.

I've just used the self adhesive backing and stuck it straight to my front grille

Posted Image

I'm not massively keen on where i put it, and was going to try a few different places, but its well and truely stuck on!

I wish i tried the cable tie pad, seems more secure! Not that i think mines coming off anytime soon LOL

#26 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,665 posts
Contributor

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

Hi Lenny mate,

I've got the same S badge from ebay, but in red.
I've just used the self adhesive backing and stuck it straight to my front grille
I'm not massively keen on where i put it, and was going to try a few different places, but its well and truely stuck on!

I wish i tried the cable tie pad, seems more secure! Not that i think mines coming off anytime soon LOL

Hi mate,
thanks for the image, i thim it looks good where you have positioned it mate,
my S badge has arrived today and its red the same as yours, i just need to purchase the lower grill now and get them sprayed black before i fit the badge in a similar fasion to yourself Posted Image

#27 Aboyner

Aboyner

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

Definitely suggest putting on a mk2.5 high spec spoiler or an ST spoiler - very simple modification, not too expensive, easy for a novice, don't need many tools, and it makes the car look about 100 times better.

I also see that lots of your trim is not body-coloured (the plastic strips along the doors, the plastic underneath and above the rear bumpber, the plastic strips along the top of the front fog light surround. I have a mk2 1.6 Ghia in Panther Black which thankfully came with EVERYTHING (except, for some reason, the original mk2 spoiler) body-coloured, and I'm really thankful for that because it looks a lot better than that grey plastic trim everywhere.

Ye it's really annoying but I'm unsure about how much it'll cost to get it colour coded and don't want to pay out loads!!
Any pics of your car? Have you done much with it?

#28 GSM

GSM

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:53 PM

Ye it's really annoying but I'm unsure about how much it'll cost to get it colour coded and don't want to pay out loads!!
Any pics of your car? Have you done much with it?

I've done bugger all with it apart from putting a mk2.5 colour coded spoiler on it.

I'll get some pics up for you tomorrow, although don't have any pics with the new spoiler yet... those to follow!

#29 .Ryan

.Ryan

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Name: Rhino
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S 115
  • Year: 2014

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:01 PM

Think the S badge would look great on an ST upper grill!

#30 GSM

GSM

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

Here's some pics of mine as requested. Fairly bog standard Focus Mk2, except I now have the Mk2.5 spoiler.

To my horror, I discovered that actually most of my trim is NOT body coloured... the door strips are, but not the bits of trim above the boot and at the front fog light surrounds. I have no idea why I had the idea in my head that it was all colour-coded, but there you go - bit of a thick moment.

DSC_0020.jpg DSC_0019.jpg DSC_0021.jpg DSC_0018.jpg DSC_0017.jpg DSC_0015.jpg DSC_0023.jpg DSC_0024.jpg DSC_0025.jpg

Next mods for me, in no particular order:

- Fit Mk2.5 tailgate lights
- Body-colour the ugly grey plastic trims (might chrome some of them!)
- Get a decent set of alloys - when I got this car they were already quite heavily damaged (one female owner prev...) and I'm not particularly keen on the alloys anyway. Much prefer the standards you get on the zetecs - or, perhaps, some ST ones :D.
- Rear parking sensors
- Power folding mirrors (anybody done this to a Mk2?)
- Change cabin lights to blue

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users