Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying A New Focus...would Like Mod Tips :)

Aboyner

Hi Lenny mate,

I've got the same S badge from ebay, but in red.

I've just used the self adhesive backing and stuck it straight to my front grille

I'm not massively keen on where i put it, and was going to try a few different places, but its well and truely stuck on!

I wish i tried the cable tie pad, seems more secure! Not that i think mines coming off anytime soon LOL

Hi mate,

thanks for the image, i thim it looks good where you have positioned it mate,

my S badge has arrived today and its red the same as yours, i just need to purchase the lower grill now and get them sprayed black before i fit the badge in a similar fasion to yourself bravo.gif

Definitely suggest putting on a mk2.5 high spec spoiler or an ST spoiler - very simple modification, not too expensive, easy for a novice, don't need many tools, and it makes the car look about 100 times better.

I also see that lots of your trim is not body-coloured (the plastic strips along the doors, the plastic underneath and above the rear bumpber, the plastic strips along the top of the front fog light surround. I have a mk2 1.6 Ghia in Panther Black which thankfully came with EVERYTHING (except, for some reason, the original mk2 spoiler) body-coloured, and I'm really thankful for that because it looks a lot better than that grey plastic trim everywhere.

Ye it's really annoying but I'm unsure about how much it'll cost to get it colour coded and don't want to pay out loads!!

Any pics of your car? Have you done much with it?

Ye it's really annoying but I'm unsure about how much it'll cost to get it colour coded and don't want to pay out loads!!

Any pics of your car? Have you done much with it?

I've done bugger all with it apart from putting a mk2.5 colour coded spoiler on it.

I'll get some pics up for you tomorrow, although don't have any pics with the new spoiler yet... those to follow!

Think the S badge would look great on an ST upper grill!

Here's some pics of mine as requested. Fairly bog standard Focus Mk2, except I now have the Mk2.5 spoiler.

To my horror, I discovered that actually most of my trim is NOT body coloured... the door strips are, but not the bits of trim above the boot and at the front fog light surrounds. I have no idea why I had the idea in my head that it was all colour-coded, but there you go - bit of a thick moment.

post-30808-0-53546300-1341343133_thumb.jpost-30808-0-84831500-1341343151_thumb.jpost-30808-0-14364400-1341343286_thumb.jpost-30808-0-73115700-1341343170_thumb.jpost-30808-0-31748100-1341343192_thumb.jpost-30808-0-20819800-1341343225_thumb.jpost-30808-0-34071800-1341343115_thumb.jpost-30808-0-89861100-1341343266_thumb.jpost-30808-0-72509300-1341343248_thumb.j

Next mods for me, in no particular order:

- Fit Mk2.5 tailgate lights

- Body-colour the ugly grey plastic trims (might chrome some of them!)

- Get a decent set of alloys - when I got this car they were already quite heavily damaged (one female owner prev...) and I'm not particularly keen on the alloys anyway. Much prefer the standards you get on the zetecs - or, perhaps, some ST ones :D.

- Rear parking sensors

- Power folding mirrors (anybody done this to a Mk2?)

- Change cabin lights to blue

Here's some pics of mine as requested. Fairly bog standard Focus Mk2, except I now have the Mk2.5 spoiler.

To my horror, I discovered that actually most of my trim is NOT body coloured... the door strips are, but not the bits of trim above the boot and at the front fog light surrounds. I have no idea why I had the idea in my head that it was all colour-coded, but there you go - bit of a thick moment.

car looks tidy mate,

i see you have cruise control aswell

The facelift spoiler does look better don't it?

It's surprising how many mk2.5 I see around with the Mk2 spoilers on.

car looks tidy mate,

i see you have cruise control aswell

Cheers!

Yeah, standard on the Ghia.

The facelift spoiler does look better don't it?

It's surprising how many mk2.5 I see around with the Mk2 spoilers on.

Aye - it's strange how much two wee flaps that cover the top of the tail-lights makes such a difference to the general styling of the car.

I think the "mk2.5" spoiler is in fact only standard on Zetec and Titanium trims - Studio, Style and Econetic trims only have the "mk2" spoiler as standard.

That's the pattern I've noticed anyway.

The mk2 spoiler is boring and ruins the flow of the roof.

It was one thing I was determined to remedy as soon as I was able.

Very glad I did, it looks far better.

A definite upgrade I'd recommend to all mk2 owners.

Cheers!

Yeah, standard on the Ghia.

Car is looking good mate..

I'm also looking at getting rear parking sensors on and would be interested in getting them automatic mirrors done if not too expensive!

How much did it cost to get the mk2.5 spoiler? And is it hard to fit?

Prices vary depending on if you get a new unpainted one or a second hand one ready to go in the correct colour.

I managed to grab one for £45 plus postage and apart from minor scratches was ready to fit.

Check my signature for my fitting guide.

Car is looking good mate..

I'm also looking at getting rear parking sensors on and would be interested in getting them automatic mirrors done if not too expensive!

How much did it cost to get the mk2.5 spoiler? And is it hard to fit?

Rear parking sensors aren't too expensive - there are a variety of kits on eBay sub £30, and it's easy enough to fit - a bit of measuring (unless your bumper already has the hole positions marked), a bit of drilling, and then a bunch of fitting wires through various small spaces.

I honestly have no idea about the power folding mirrors - I don't know of anybody who has added that after-market thus far, and would be interested to hear of anybody who has, but my guess is that the parts would be expensive and the fitting would be fiddly (having to add extra buttons in the cabin, etc). It's just something I'd really love to do - it's quite a pain having to do a lap round the car to shove your mirrors in when necessary, and I don't know how many times I've driven off without realising that I need to unfold them.

The mk2.5 spoiler varies in price. I watched eBay for about 2 months before a suitable one came up in my colour at a price I was willing to pay, although unfortunately it was almost double what Clive paid for his. Probably if I waited a bit longer one would have come up at a more reasonable price, but I just couldn't wait!

The fitting is easy peasy. The spoiler is held on by 5x10mm bolts hidden under the trim in the inside of the hatch and two retaining clips at either end which will come out easy with a set of pliers. After that you need to use a torx screwdriver to remove the light fighting. Then you unhook the wire into the light fitting and unhook the plumbing for the rear washer jet.

Reverse the procedure with the new spoiler and you'll be finished. Whole job takes 10 minutes, and Clive's guide is very useful.

I honestly have no idea about the power folding mirrors - I don't know of anybody who has added that after-market thus far, and would be interested to hear of anybody who has, but my guess is that the parts would be expensive and the fitting would be fiddly (having to add extra buttons in the cabin, etc). It's just something I'd really love to do - it's quite a pain having to do a lap round the car to shove your mirrors in when necessary, and I don't know how many times I've driven off without realising that I need to unfold them.

I always fold my mirrors in when at home as 1) I live near the local clubland and the local inebriates like to swing on protruding bits of cars, and 2) my road is narrow but very busy and some drivers really don't leave enough space between themselves and parked cars.

Self fold would be very useful to me.

The mk2.5 spoiler varies in price. I watched eBay for about 2 months before a suitable one came up in my colour at a price I was willing to pay, although unfortunately it was almost double what Clive paid for his. Probably if I waited a bit longer one would have come up at a more reasonable price, but I just couldn't wait!

I was Very lucky the one I got came up for that price and in good condition, some cheap ones are in terrible condtion.

The fitting is easy peasy. The spoiler is held on by 5x10mm bolts hidden under the trim in the inside of the hatch and two retaining clips at either end which will come out easy with a set of pliers. After that you need to use a torx screwdriver to remove the light fighting. Then you unhook the wire into the light fitting and unhook the plumbing for the rear washer jet.

Don't forget the sillicone, very necessary.

Whole job takes 10 minutes, and Clive's guide is very useful.

Gee thanks, :D

That particular one is designed for cars without driver side handle.

I know this as I have one from that seller.

If you want one to replace a handle, I have one available, a unused ST unit in black.

£17 inc postage.

PM me if that suits you and we'll organise a paypal transfer and delivery address.

DSC_0362.jpg

Thanks for the offer mate but my roof is cream so i think the black/grey glasses hlder would stand out too much!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club