Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Centre Armrest

Marcr1

I've been really tempted with the idea of a centre armrest for my Fiesta, has anyone done this to theirs and could you recommend any? Preferably one that's easy to install with minimum / no drilling and leather to match the seats

Thanks

I got the cheaper option from eBay - armrest.jpg

Do a search for previous centre armrest threads - others here have either mine, the armster, or the boomerang one.

I highly reccomend one. The area between the front seats looks complete once you get an armrest. :)

(edit - the black plastic of the armrest doesn't quite match the cars centre console colour, but I guess it matches my handbrake, shifter, and radio so meh. Plus the contrast isn't as bad in the flesh as it is on this pic).

I installed the Armster version and one of the best mods I could of done. Ford not installing them as standard was a real shame.

Armster is leather look but is best installed with a couple of self tapping screws.

http://www.armster.co.uk/

I had the £50 eBay one mentioned in post #2 originally until it snapped.

On Friday I received & installed the Boomerang one and what a difference! It is so sturdy and definitely the best out there at the moment/. If you can afford the £99.95 price tag it's definitely the one to go for.

It does sound good the boomerang one, it says absolutely no drilling or cutting. How is it installed then?

I've seen one on amazon for £100 which is a genuine ford one which looks really nice. Has anyone got that one? I'm not a huge fan of the boomerang one as its got a huge girder at the back.

It does sound good the boomerang one, it says absolutely no drilling or cutting. How is it installed then?

Remove center cup holders, remove a metal bracket (2 nuts), install new metal bracket, attach Boomerang to new bracket (4 nuts) and reinstall center cup holders (2 nuts) :)

Remove center cup holders, remove a metal bracket (2 nuts), install new metal bracket, attach Boomerang to new bracket (4 nuts) and reinstall center cup holders (2 nuts) :)

Can we have a few pics please Nathan next time you have your camera handy?

Paul :)

Can we have a few pics please Nathan next time you have your camera handy?

Paul :)

Ask and ye shall receive ;) Couple of quality concerns I will email them about (screws not lining up/holes too small, and finish on a plastic edge) so will see what they say about that.

Out the box:

imag0134s.jpg

Installed and using handbrake:

imag0145x.jpg

Handy storage for handwipes, salt & ketchup!:

imag0148yr.jpg

And perfectly positioned cup holder! (Bringing total in Fiesta up to 6!):

imag0151r.jpg

Haha, loving the 3rd pic. cheers for posting

Ask and ye shall receive ;) Couple of quality concerns I will email them about (screws not lining up/holes too small, and finish on a plastic edge) so will see what they say about that.

Out the box:

imag0134s.jpg

Installed and using handbrake:

imag0145x.jpg

Handy storage for handwipes, salt & ketchup!:

imag0148yr.jpg

And perfectly positioned cup holder! (Bringing total in Fiesta up to 6!):

imag0151r.jpg

Thanks for this :) does look really nice and it would go with my interior would you say it's easy to remove the rear drinks holders?

Thanks for this :) does look really nice and it would go with my interior would you say it's easy to remove the rear drinks holders?

Yes - there's a plastic rivet each side to remove, then you pull!

I installed the Armster version and one of the best mods I could of done. Ford not installing them as standard was a real shame.

Armster is leather look but is best installed with a couple of self tapping screws.

http://www.armster.co.uk/

Lol; i've had my Armster since Nov 2011 and after following your link to the Armster website,i've only just found out that the top slides forward. I thought there was two design's. Feel like a right k**b, hahaha.

I had the £50 eBay one mentioned in post #2 originally until it snapped.

On Friday I received & installed the Boomerang one and what a difference! It is so sturdy and definitely the best out there at the moment/. If you can afford the £99.95 price tag it's definitely the one to go for.

Where did you get yours from? looking at http://www.boomerang...fiesta/armrest/ it looks slightly different to the pics you posted.

Thanks

Ken

***Edit***

Never mind, i saw in their shop they have the EuroSpec one which is £105 so i just bought the one on eBay here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110901414915#ht_1466wt_840

Looking forward to it arriving as i have some time off next week i can fit it :-)

I am definately going to get one of these. Looking at the boomerang though, does the bracket not interfere with the backseat paasengers?

Cheers

I have now sent my 3rd email to Boomerang as I've not had so much as an out of office or automatic response from my previous 2 :( Very disappointing after all the praise I've heard about them.

For info here is the email I sent:

Good morning/evening!

Having recently received my eBay order (item: ##########, user #######) and installed it this weekend I would like to take this opportunity to share some feedback regarding your product.

First off, let me start by saying it is a vast improvement over the previous armrest I had (from a German seller on eBay) which was very ‘plasticy’ and screwed in to the cupholders meaning it was not very stable and ultimately snapped after it had weight applied - so you win on that count!

I did however experience a couple of issues and niggles during installation, these were:

• The round plastic that covers the hinge has a very uneven and poorly finished edge to it, I have attached a photo. When attempting to slot the upper assembly in to the aluminium stem the excess plastic on this sleeve appeared to prevent the holes lining up for step 17 in the instructions. To rectify this I had to remove the sleeve and refit after screws were in place.
  • The issue that cause the most frustration for me was carrying out step 17 in the instructions as the holes in the aluminium stem were not big enough to allow the M6 taperd head screws through (again photo attached). I found it necessary to use my drill to grind off the edge of each hole, increasing the diameter to allow the screws through.

I do find the height of the armrest a little bit too far up, but hopefully I will adjust to this in time. Once again though I congratulate you on a very sturdy and otherwise well made product.

Many thanks for your time reading this,

Nath

boomerangarmrest.jpgboomerangarmrest2.jpg

Will keep the thread updated if I ever get the decency of a reply.

Thanks for the info Nath, I will let you know how mine arrives.

Got a reply from the president of Boomerang today. Apparently they were moving offices and having issues with their servers & phone system. Will see if they have to say regarding my feedback.

Looking at the boomerang though, does the bracket not interfere with the backseat paasengers?

Not at all, still plenty of room.

imag0183s.jpg

That does look really nice! Roll on pay day :D

I fitted one of these last week. No problems at all except at the last, when the original black plastic cover had to be "persuaded" with a bit of a squeeze to get between the arm and its front fastening. With regard to quality control the only problem I had was the thread for one of the four countersunk screws was a bit tight.

Prior to buying my wife this Fiesta (2012 Gibraltar Titanium) I had a Grand Punto to which I fitted a plastic arm rest. The pillar broke within a month when a relative leaned sideways on it. Its replacement lasted 6 months with careful use. These are really substantial metal and would take the fattest of fatties leaning on it. Mine is black and silver which nicely matches the original trim. I paid £99 delivered off eBay. Thoroughly recommended.

Just fitted mine and its superb, didnt take long at all to fit.

My only issue is that the holes that the final screws go through to tighten up the arm rest are a bit too small, Just like Nath had above.