ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,627 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:00 AM

I have now sent my 3rd email to Boomerang as I've not had so much as an out of office or automatic response from my previous 2 :( Very disappointing after all the praise I've heard about them.

For info here is the email I sent:

Good morning/evening!

Having recently received my eBay order (item: ##########, user #######) and installed it this weekend I would like to take this opportunity to share some feedback regarding your product.

First off, let me start by saying it is a vast improvement over the previous armrest I had (from a German seller on eBay) which was very ‘plasticy’ and screwed in to the cupholders meaning it was not very stable and ultimately snapped after it had weight applied - so you win on that count!

I did however experience a couple of issues and niggles during installation, these were:

• The round plastic that covers the hinge has a very uneven and poorly finished edge to it, I have attached a photo. When attempting to slot the upper assembly in to the aluminium stem the excess plastic on this sleeve appeared to prevent the holes lining up for step 17 in the instructions. To rectify this I had to remove the sleeve and refit after screws were in place.
  • The issue that cause the most frustration for me was carrying out step 17 in the instructions as the holes in the aluminium stem were not big enough to allow the M6 taperd head screws through (again photo attached). I found it necessary to use my drill to grind off the edge of each hole, increasing the diameter to allow the screws through.
I do find the height of the armrest a little bit too far up, but hopefully I will adjust to this in time. Once again though I congratulate you on a very sturdy and otherwise well made product.

Many thanks for your time reading this,
Nath
Posted ImagePosted Image

Will keep the thread updated if I ever get the decency of a reply.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 ken

ken

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Ford Model: 2010 Fiesta Zetec S

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

Thanks for the info Nath, I will let you know how mine arrives.

#18 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,627 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:07 PM

Got a reply from the president of Boomerang today. Apparently they were moving offices and having issues with their servers & phone system. Will see if they have to say regarding my feedback.

Looking at the boomerang though, does the bracket not interfere with the backseat paasengers?

Not at all, still plenty of room.

Posted Image

#19 Marcr1

Marcr1

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Name: Marc
  • Ford Model: S1600
  • Year: 2012

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:43 PM

That does look really nice! Roll on pay day :D

#20 Mikefoc

Mikefoc

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium (Gib version)
  • Year: 2012

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

I fitted one of these last week. No problems at all except at the last, when the original black plastic cover had to be "persuaded" with a bit of a squeeze to get between the arm and its front fastening. With regard to quality control the only problem I had was the thread for one of the four countersunk screws was a bit tight.
Prior to buying my wife this Fiesta (2012 Gibraltar Titanium) I had a Grand Punto to which I fitted a plastic arm rest. The pillar broke within a month when a relative leaned sideways on it. Its replacement lasted 6 months with careful use. These are really substantial metal and would take the fattest of fatties leaning on it. Mine is black and silver which nicely matches the original trim. I paid £99 delivered off eBay. Thoroughly recommended.

#21 ken

ken

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Ford Model: 2010 Fiesta Zetec S

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:24 PM

Just fitted mine and its superb, didnt take long at all to fit.

My only issue is that the holes that the final screws go through to tighten up the arm rest are a bit too small, Just like Nath had above.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fiesta, armrest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users