For info here is the email I sent:
Having recently received my eBay order (item: ##########, user #######) and installed it this weekend I would like to take this opportunity to share some feedback regarding your product.
First off, let me start by saying it is a vast improvement over the previous armrest I had (from a German seller on eBay) which was very ‘plasticy’ and screwed in to the cupholders meaning it was not very stable and ultimately snapped after it had weight applied - so you win on that count!
I did however experience a couple of issues and niggles during installation, these were:
I do find the height of the armrest a little bit too far up, but hopefully I will adjust to this in time. Once again though I congratulate you on a very sturdy and otherwise well made product.
- The round plastic that covers the hinge has a very uneven and poorly finished edge to it, I have attached a photo. When attempting to slot the upper assembly in to the aluminium stem the excess plastic on this sleeve appeared to prevent the holes lining up for step 17 in the instructions. To rectify this I had to remove the sleeve and refit after screws were in place.
- The issue that cause the most frustration for me was carrying out step 17 in the instructions as the holes in the aluminium stem were not big enough to allow the M6 taperd head screws through (again photo attached). I found it necessary to use my drill to grind off the edge of each hole, increasing the diameter to allow the screws through.
Many thanks for your time reading this,
Will keep the thread updated if I ever get the decency of a reply.