• Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

Ryman

2006 Focus Engine System Fault

9 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

After having my car broken into Monday morning, this is really the last thing I need, hopefully it's a small issue.

Went to start my car this morning, nothing came from the engine except a fast paced clicking sound. This was followed up by an 'Engine Systems Fault' message displayed on the digital display.

I'm hoping this might just be a flat battery given that if it were anything else I would've thought the engine would try to tick over. Would the error message I encountered come up for something as fickle as a flat battery?

Also, the car went in for a window replacement after the break in. Worked fine taking the car home and later in the evening, could this be a factor.

Would very much appreciate some help as I'm at my wits end, am lost without a vehicle.

Thanks a lot

Ryan

The clicking could be the solenoid on the starter motor, this would indicate that you could have a flat battery

It sounds like a flat battery, but when my battery failed I did not get a system error message on the dash.

It sounds like a flat battery, but when my battery failed I did not get a system error message on the dash.

What model is your Focus?

What model is your Focus?

I.8 petrol 2008 58 plate Titanium estate.

With my focus that sound and light had meant my starter motor went could possibly be Same :-S xx

i guess the light is coming on because the system has detected a low voltage.

Hi, yes the flat battery does sometimes cause the error message on the dash. i had a battery on my focus that would just about still start the car but would give that message on the dash when it started. new battery and all was fine.

engine systems fault is regurly caused by the car failing to start and or low flat battery, if you jump start the car and go for a drive to charge the battery the engine systems fault will display the whole length of the drive then when you swith the car off and restart the car it will cancel the error message and alls good, could have been caused by a light left on or a door left on a latch etc, newer fords need to detect over the 12 volts to to be able to turn the starter and not cause any warnings and if your battery dorps even just a little most systems dont even allow the starter to turn even slowly..