Ford Focus 1.6 Tdci - Reduced Power And Milage
Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:01 PM
Could this be an early sign that my turbo is going to let go? Since I believe I could save a lot of problems, and possibly a new engine if I can change it before it blows? or can it be something else?
1. Lacking Power, especially in lower rpm. Sometimes a bit hesitant to drive off in 1st gear.
2. Cold/Hot Starts are fine.
3. Consumption down from 45-50 to 35-40.
4. No smoke that I can notice.
5. No Warning lights
6. No knocking
7. Sometimes I can hear a slight bearing noise.
8. Injector 3 looks "cleaner" than the others in the sens that it has less oil deposits on it.
9. Local mechanic seems to be pointing his fingers towards a faulty MAF sensor.
Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:37 PM
My friend's turbo died on his, and he had a similar situation to you.
Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:12 PM
the turbo seems to be working though. on revving the engine i can feel the pressure, if i hold the pipe coming out of the turbo.
Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:10 PM
BG244 is pretty much agreed to be the best to use.
Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:45 AM
Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:12 AM
i am sort of tempted in using a fuel additive but then again the general rule of the thumb when it comes to the 1.6tdci (hdi) is not to use any additive at all due to its complex fueling system. Of course I dont really know anything about how it works but have seen it on forums too many times to risk it... about the hose, ill try to get hold of one today!
Any members here that have used BG244 will attest to the properties and usefulness of the product.
I used some about 2 months ago as i had a slight rev hesitation at about 3k revs and now having no trouble at all.
I'd avoid most other additives like Redex etc. as they strip too much lubrication from the system.
Of course at the end of the day it's your car and your choice.
BTW, good luck with the hose.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users