Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would Appreciate Some Advice Please.

david295

Aye, me too, Neil. I could build a whole new car for FREEE.... and then get a Chicken Bhuna Madras! I would need to pay for that, though! :lol:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• david295

• Andy 1965

• Stoney871

• stef123

why didnt you just swop reg plates ?

scrap yard, let me have them as i have given him a few cars for dree in the past.

I have just installed new ECU, the hesitation has now gone.

However the engine shaking is still there when i switch on electrical items.

So it has to be electrical fault somewhere. I will put the new wiring loom in on Sunday, that will be a mission.

Hopefully that will sort it.

One good thing to come from the scrappy, my car now only shows 60 thousand miles.

You'll either have to get the miles corrected or contact DVLA (I believe) to get the mileage logged.

Just been reading this, could this be a solution http://www.fordowner...ckering-lights/

Just started car, switched on headlight, if i blip the accelartor half way and let go, the bulb that light up mileage clock goes really bright for a split second.

I will change wiring loom on sunday, hopefully that should sort it.

I have just disconnected battery, and put a circuit tester, one end on to +battery lead, and one on an earth on body, and i got a complete circuit, all this with battery disconnected.

So defo a short somewhere, will start pulling fuses tomorrow with circuit tester connected, and see which circuit is shorting.

I have just disconnected battery, and put a circuit tester, one end on to +battery lead, and one on an earth on body, and i got a complete circuit, all this with battery disconnected.

So defo a short somewhere, will start pulling fuses tomorrow with circuit tester connected, and see which circuit is shorting.

connecting to the positive battery lead and the body work is going to give you a circuit..

I decided not to install new loom, what I did was disconnect original wiring for brake lights and earths, and run a new wire from brake pedal switch to rear lights, and run earth from rear lights direct to battery, and a new earth from heater motor to battery, and I solved the problem.

It now ticks over no problems when heater is switched or brake pedal pressed. And now no diming of headlights.

Thank christ, I got there in the end.